Buyer sent item back broken.

Georgia_Jenkins
New Community Member

Hello,

I recently sold a phone over PayPal, and the buyer claimed the phone did not work and wanted a refund. I had sent videos and pictures etc of the phone working so I knew this was untrue. After some more messaging and digging I found that she had written incorrectly about why the phone was not working. I found out that the phone was working, but was locked to an AppleID which I didn't know the details too as it was an older phone. I rung Apple to try and figure the ID out but came across no such luck. I then offered a refund for about £9 less than what she paid, due to her asking for an extra that was not included in the original price. She then escalated the claim without replying to any of my messages and claimed I was trying to 'make a profit'.

This annoyed me quite alot, as had she read the messages she would have realised that the reason I was not offering a full refund was due to her asking for the phone to be realeased from EE so her son was able to place a different companies sim inside. I had no choice at this point but to accept the refund and ask for the phones return.

The phone has now returned, and the buyer has got her refund. However an item is broken and has to be thrown away. I want to be able to claim some money back for this at least as I have evidence that they knew an item was broken even before returning it as I had pictures sent to me. (This rules out the factor that it was 'broken in the post')

I've turned to the community for guidence on this issue, what should I do in order to get some of my money back from such a difficult customer? Or is there no possible way?

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.