Block payment to Safe cart

Garyt6771
New Community Member

I would like to block payment to SAFECART 8773709229.

I have informed SAFECART i have cancelled my subscription to them as i have never used them.

So if they ask for payment please refuse payment.

Regards Gary Taylor (Garyt6771)

Login to Me Too
118 REPLIES 118

margaretw44
New Community Member

IWANTED TO SPEED UP MY COMPUTER AND LOGGED INTO FREE MICROSOFT DOWNLOAD OFFER  .AFTER DOWNLOAD I FOUND THAT SAFE CART REQUESTED PAYMENT .FOOLISHLY I THOUGHT I WAS OBLIGED TO PAY. MY EMAIL FROM SAFE CART GAVE ME THREE  CONTACT TEL NOS WHICH WERE COMPLETELY DEAD. I HAVE NOT FOLLOWED THE INSTRUCTION TO USE LICENCE KEY AS I DO NOT TRUST THEM.HAS ANYONE ELSE HAD A SIMILAR EXPERIENCE? . 

Login to Me Too

corena
Contributor
Contributor

Hello  I had an emailyesterday advising me £15.14p  taken out of my account.   Last August I paid for spyware not realising it was going to be an ongoing payment .   I then cancelled any further payments to Paypal with help from this forum.Today I have just phoned Safecart number 08004083985  and cancelled any further amounts applied for .  I asked if I should get in touch with the company direct to cancel their requests, they said no they would cancel their license whatever that means.  They assured me no further payments would be requested in the future.  No refunds obviously.  You must be so vigilant on here.    

Hope this helps others in same predicament.

Login to Me Too

Jaybo
New Community Member

@corena wrote:

Hello  I had an emailyesterday advising me £15.14p  taken out of my account.   Last August I paid for spyware not realising it was going to be an ongoing payment .   I then cancelled any further payments to Paypal with help from this forum.Today I have just phoned Safecart number 08004083985  and cancelled any further amounts applied for .  I asked if I should get in touch with the company direct to cancel their requests, they said no they would cancel their license whatever that means.  They assured me no further payments would be requested in the future.  No refunds obviously.  You must be so vigilant on here.    

Hope this helps others in same predicament.

Login to Me Too

alracybot
Contributor
Contributor
These people are total thieves. PayPal will NOT acknowledge that they're allowing this merchant to access PayPal without permission, nor will they accept responsibility for doing business with a company that has a well-known reputation for assessing bogus charges against people for "services" they neither ordered, wanted or used. Safecart itself will claim they've never charged you for anything and will claim they can't locate your transaction. The ONLY way to deal with safecart is to have your bank process a chargeback against them. I promise you, they will then have no trouble finding the charge and refunding to you. Again: Safecart are ripoff artists and PayPal condones their bad behavior by continuing to allow them to use PayPal to charge for services neither wanted nor rendered. Expect no help from PayPal and yoh won't be disappointed. Process directly against safecart and file a complaint with the BBB..Close your PayPal aaccount and tell them whh. PayPal is loyal to PayPal, not to you. Caveat emptor.
Login to Me Too

mcsan1942
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you so much for bringing this up.  I had forgotten that I had this so called debt and cancelled any further payments from happening...Thanks again..........Sandi

Login to Me Too

victoria33
New Community Member

I am ready to kiss paypal Lucy's feet!!! .....and a Cat Wink to Gary ,-)

I have spent hours over the last two weeks trying to get through to SafeCart to cancel an annual recurring payment agreement--which did not show up on my monitor until AFTER I made the payment for ONE years usage of Driver Update. I thought I would end up in Paypal **bleep**--making phone call after phone call after phone call--trying to end this. SafeCart should be investiagted for their spurious "business" practices. By the way, Driver Update was "ok," but a free version of the IObit program, Driver Booster, found 16 outdated drivers just a few days after Driver Update supposedly updated ALL drivers.[BTW, all the IObit programs are nothing short of stellar, IMO.]

STAY FAR AWAY FROM "NOT-SO" SAFE CART.

Login to Me Too

yggep

Thank you so much for the information regarding cancellation of an automatic payment via PayPal. It is so re-assuring to know that one can manage thier account in which ever way you wish.  It was easy to follow and worked straight away, I will always use PayPal in future to ensure safety of internet purchases. Great Service xx

Login to Me Too

OzzieKay
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you for that advice paypal_lucy, albeit it's now March 2014. I have also just been 'billed'. Is this scammer still operating?
Login to Me Too

alracybot
Contributor
Contributor
Again: I work in the dispute department of a major bank (credit cards not debit). I process chargebacks against safecart all the time. They are constantly charging for services never rendered, and recurring charges never agreed to. CALL YOUR BANK and dispute the charges. You have 118 days to do so, counting from the date the charges post to your card. Ask the BANK to block the merchant, then report them to the BBB.(All of this info applies to US bank regs; things are different for credit card issuers in foreign countries.) Unless there are enough complaints and chargebacks processed against safecart they will never stop. Each chargeback hurts the merchant with their relationship with their bank and with Visa and MasterCard. Hit them where it hurts, and you'll get their attention--and your money back, as well. DO NOT RELY ON PAYPAL. They will not and cannot help you.
Login to Me Too

alracybot
Contributor
Contributor
Most if not all of these scam artists will continue until enough of us enlist our bank's aid in processing chargebacks against them. Report them to the BBB also, to help drive them out.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.