Block payment to Safe cart

Garyt6771
New Community Member

I would like to block payment to SAFECART 8773709229.

I have informed SAFECART i have cancelled my subscription to them as i have never used them.

So if they ask for payment please refuse payment.

Regards Gary Taylor (Garyt6771)

Login to Me Too
118 REPLIES 118

Pabsy

Loads of people on here seem to be praising paypal for keeping them 'safe' from safecart.scum but surely if paypal had kept us safe in the firstplace this insideous company would not have been able to steal our money at all! I have just lost £15.22 to them due to a recurring payment 'agreement' that I did not set up!  I lost more than that because there was no money in my paypal account, so the money came direct from my bank account that I affiliate to paypal - and the balence in that account did not cover it, hence I went into the red and incurred charges.

It is true I purchased software from safecart that was supposed to make my computer run faster but actually it did nothing, quite the opposite, it apparently is a virus that steals your personal details, thus allowing it to set up such 'agreements'. What a joke.

I do rate paypal and use it a lot, but this surely shows a weekness in the system? I have lodged a disagreement over the transaction and am waiting to hear back from paypal pending their investigation. If they refund me the money then I will be satisfied - even though I have still lost out to Barclays when it made my account go into the red.

These criminals have clearly conned a lot of people over a long period of time in this way. Why has Safecart not been blocked from using Paypal? I do not understand this.

Login to Me Too

Pabsy

Just to be clear - the recurring payment was sent a year after I was taken in by them and purchased 'pc helper 360' . By that time I had forgotten all about them, but I have no doubt that I DID NOT agree to future payments, as has just happened.

Login to Me Too

charliecooking
Contributor
Contributor

I scent an email to you telling you not to send this to me. And do not charge me for this.

Login to Me Too

Valencia1
New Community Member

I have cancelled my account with Safe Cart and I'd like to have my payment to them reversed.

Thank you

Login to Me Too

Dougrg
Contributor
Contributor

I too have discovered today Paypal sent an authorized payment for $19.95 to "Safecart" as unbeknowest to me, I was set up for recurring charges. I have had emails bounce back to me as undeliverable when I try to contact them. I have blocked further charges. Paypay says they will contact them. They could at least send me a jar of vasoline for the shaft I'm feeling. Duped in Minneapolis, MN. 

<script src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/657f64b6/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
Login to Me Too

Dougrg
Contributor
Contributor

I too have discovered today Paypal sent an authorized payment for $19.95 to "Safecart" as unbeknowest to me, I was set up for recurring charges. I have had emails bounce back to me as undeliverable when I try to contact them. I have blocked further charges. Paypay says they will contact them. They could at least send me a jar of vasoline for the shaft I'm feeling. Duped in Minneapolis, MN. 

<script src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/657f64b6/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js" type="text/javascript"></script> <script src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/657f64b6/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
Login to Me Too

Chuck_C
Contributor
Contributor

This is what these theives just sent to me

Hello Charles,

If you carefully review your receipt, which you so nicely included in this email chain thank you, you will see it clearly says you will be rebilled monthly:

"If you wish to turn off the Subscription Payment Service, you may cancel your enrollment at any time by logging into your SafeCart account at support.safecart.com/new-login/.

*Note:* Enrollment in the SafeCart Subscription Payment Service means that you authorize SafeCart to automatically charge an amount equal to or less than the current price of the product or service (plus applicable taxes) to your credit card or debit card prior to the expiration of your subscription."

I have cancelled your services so you will see no further billing but at this time, without prior cancellation notice, I cannot refund your monthly rebill.

You will have access to this until December 23rd, 2014.

Thank you.

Sincerely,
Kara
eVerify.com
Customer Support Manager

This was my response

Forget it Kara,
I did not agree to a subscription when I initially paid my $2.95. Your email receipt does show a subscription but nowhere prior to my making payment was I advised clearly that I was enrolling in a subscription. Your service is clearly dishonest & you clearly misled me on the initial transaction.

Safecart is anything but safe. After looking at the message boards it seems you've pulled this scam over & over again.

Why don't you go find an honest way to make a living instead of cheating honest people out of their money?

I'm **bleep** off !!! How can we take this further to have the "SafeCart" service shut down?

Login to Me Too

Chuck_C
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal was very helpful with the entire transaction and I did receive a refund through them. The squeaky wheel gets the grease! Don't let these criminals hide behind their computer screens. If you didn't agree to a subscription as part of your initial purchase they have no right to sign you up for one after the fact!

Login to Me Too

Dougrg
Contributor
Contributor

There is no question in my mind I didn't have an understanding of a recurring bill. This is deception by omission in that it is not clearly presented to the customer. Sooner or later these rats will get theirs. 

<script src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/bb3f583e/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
Login to Me Too

Dougrg
Contributor
Contributor

I dug back to see the receipt sent to me after letting Paypal send $4.95 to these crums. It is NOT revealed this is a recurring charge until you get the receipt! This is clearly bait and switch. No honest company or people would think to do this. AND, the truth is, the service they were selling doesn't work worth shi* anyway. 

<script src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/bb3f583e/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.