Bank transaction

SMM2
Contributor
Contributor

On my bank statement I show a withdrawl to Paypal but I have no idea or just can't remember making this tranaction.  Do I need to deal with my bank or Paypal and if it's with Paypal, how soon will the $ be deposited back into my bank account.  Thanks!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Its nearly always a genuine transaction you have forgotten about.

Don't forget you can often pay sellers via debit and credit cards as guest buyers via paypal without logging in so it does not show in your transaction history.

I would double check there first though, go to activity and put in dates for the period in question and see if you can find the transaction, don't forget if you had funds in your paypal account balance they would have been used first so the amount may differ to what is on the transaction amount.

Ask your bank for more details of the transaction and you may recognise it.

If it is genuinely unauthorised then you can file a dispute via the resolve a problem link in your paypal account summary page.

Paypal will investigate it and the if they find in your favour you should be reimbursed, the time it takes depends on paypals investigation.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Its nearly always a genuine transaction you have forgotten about.

Don't forget you can often pay sellers via debit and credit cards as guest buyers via paypal without logging in so it does not show in your transaction history.

I would double check there first though, go to activity and put in dates for the period in question and see if you can find the transaction, don't forget if you had funds in your paypal account balance they would have been used first so the amount may differ to what is on the transaction amount.

Ask your bank for more details of the transaction and you may recognise it.

If it is genuinely unauthorised then you can file a dispute via the resolve a problem link in your paypal account summary page.

Paypal will investigate it and the if they find in your favour you should be reimbursed, the time it takes depends on paypals investigation.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

SMM2
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you so much!  I forgot I had some $ in my Paypal account.  Mystery solved!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.