A pending transaction

RQL
New Community Member

Half a month ago I made an online payment by paypal, and at that time both my paypal account and card account showed this pending payment. But today I find that the pending transaction in my card account has been cancelled (the money is back), but there is still a pending payment in my paypal account. So does it means my order is cancelled and my money is back? Any help from you is appreciated.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Martina
Administrator
Administrator

Hello there RQL,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community!

When you place an order, sometimes your payments is not completed until this order is processed or cancelled by the merchant or the receiver. The charge, usually, is only temporary until the seller decides to capture the money and complete the transaction. If this does not happen, the payment is reversed. 

Most of the times, if the payment is reversed it means that the seller could not process your order and had to void the payment authorisation. To check the status of your order, you should get in touch with the seller directly. 

Hope this helps!

Martina 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.