A dispute on family and friend transfer? HELP needed.

Yuan_319
New Community Member

Hi Guys and Paypal staffs,

I recently tried to purchase something from somebody in a facebook group. He asked me to use friend and family transfer and I did so.

However, few days after I found out that the seller was actually scamming people by selling the same item to many people, and he wasn't going to send the items to us.

I contacted some other victims and I was told that some victims report it to paypal. I was told by other victims that I need to call Paypal and file a dispute on my payment.

A group of victims from America (who also used family and friend transfer) have already done so successfully.

However, when I call the UK paypal, they told me that they cannot file a dispute on my payment since it is a personal transfer.

So would you please provide some help because if you investigate into that account, there will be many disputes on it.

I really need some help on this because I do not want my money to go to a scammer. And also, some other victims have already been helped.

Much appreciate for any help.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Duplicate thread. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.