-$324.38 now, thanks to some guy sending a refund.

AtomicAdam13
Contributor
Contributor

Someone named Paul Powney sent me a refund for a payment that was completed on June 20th. I gave him the in-game item he wanted and he gave me my money, everyone was happy. Now 3 months later he sends me this refund for the money back even though I spent all of the money already. Please help me out. There was no need to send that refund.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Jessica

Unfortunately, intangible items are not covered under our Seller Protection policy 😞 If you are still in contact with the buyer, they may agree to cancel the chargeback or to resend the payment. If there is any way that you can suspend the in-game service sold or block it to sell it again, this would also be a viable option. 

Jessica

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10

minty1
Advisor
Advisor

Hi AtomicAdam13

Is there an ongoing ppal dispute?

If yes have u responded to the dispute?

Login to Me Too

AtomicAdam13
Contributor
Contributor
What do you mean?
Login to Me Too

minty1
Advisor
Advisor

Do u mean u have had a chargeback for this amount not some guy sending u a refund?

Login to Me Too

AtomicAdam13
Contributor
Contributor

Yes. Even though I gave him what he wanted and we were both happy. 

Login to Me Too

minty1
Advisor
Advisor

Ok did they say what the reason was for it? ie SNAD, unauthorised?

Credit card companies have the last word where chargebacks occur outside of ppal 

Unfortunately some people are scammed this way as well

Login to Me Too

AtomicAdam13
Contributor
Contributor

Yea..I'm pretty sure I've been scammed.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Jessica

Hi AtomicAdam13,

I am sorry to hear that you had this experience. As Minty1 advised, chargebacks are filed outside PayPal when the buyer contacts their credit card company directly. While the card issuer makes the final decision in these cases, PayPal can help you to dispute the chargeback if you provide more information. You can find more here

Jessica

Login to Me Too

AtomicAdam13
Contributor
Contributor
A few months ago Paul purchased a valuable ingame item from a game called team fortress 2. Once I got the money, I blew through it as expected. Around 3 months later I get a refund for the money he sent me. If you can help me in some way I would really appreciate it.
Login to Me Too
Solved

PayPal_Jessica

Unfortunately, intangible items are not covered under our Seller Protection policy 😞 If you are still in contact with the buyer, they may agree to cancel the chargeback or to resend the payment. If there is any way that you can suspend the in-game service sold or block it to sell it again, this would also be a viable option. 

Jessica

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.