where's the money from my ebay refund?

tayagape
New Community Member

long story short, i bought something on ebay, never recieved it, opened a case on ebay, they ended the case in my favor and told me they gave me a full refund in my paypal account, but when i go to my pay pal account it just says 0.00 USD. where's the money?

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

gongaceo
New Community Member

I really dont understand PayPal, i had same problem, i bought a camera for £439 and the seller told me the camera was damaged so they refund me, i was waiting for my camera coz is a x-mas gift for someone in africa and now my time is up i am leaving to africa, no camera no money back, i can see a refund to my paypal account but balance is £0.00 i really dont understand, is this a safer way for our money? im in armsterdam now heading africa with no camera and wat i can get is nothing n i dont even knw how to contact paypal by fone coz this writing i am really getting annoyed now, i am mad as mad as i dont knw wat to do. i just want my money n i think i will be out of this. co u let them play with money n our time. if pay pall hear me u caontact me on my e mail n im sure u got it.

@tayagape wrote:

long story short, i bought something on ebay, never recieved it, opened a case on ebay, they ended the case in my favor and told me they gave me a full refund in my paypal account, but when i go to my pay pal account it just says 0.00 USD. where's the money?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi tayagape and gongacea,

Welcome to the PayPal forums. I'm sorry you both had a bad buying experience, but I'm glad we were able to protect you by finding the case in your favor, or enabling a refund from the seller.

There are two reasons why you might see a 0 balance after receiving a refund. One is if you used a credit card to make the original purchase. When a refund is given on a credit card-funded payment, the funds go back to the credit card. If it was not a credit card-funded payment, the other reason would be if the refund was given and you made another transaction afterward, using the funds that were refunded to you.

The best way to see exactly what the story is in a line-by-line manner is to go to your History, and then choose to view All activity (with balance). This will show each step of the process and its effect on your PayPal balance.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

beautymark
Contributor
Contributor

After reading these two posts, I have a question about this exact same topic because I am waiting on a refund as well.  Does it take a few days to receive a full refund from an ebay seller?  How long is too long to wait before I make a claim, is there any other action I should take?  I did receive an email from paypal notifying my that the seller was issuing a full refund, so I assume that he isn't lying and that he did do it through paypal...

Login to Me Too

michele370
New Community Member

Actually mine is a little diferent.  The seller cancelled my paymeny 2 times and accepted it the third time.  But is shows up in my checking account as paid 3 times.  The seller states the money never reached him.  Which is most likely true since the payments were cancelled.  But I do not understand why paypal is not returning the money to my checking account, which is in the red by these 2 payments.  When will the money show back into my checking account?????  It has been 2 days already for one payment and 4 for the other.

Login to Me Too

dianna58
Contributor
Contributor

im having kinda the same problem, only ebay cancelled a product i was buying, so paypal said the balance that it withdrew from my savings account would get put in my paypal balance,

and i looked at all my history, it says i should have the refund in there, but the balance says its not.

whats going on?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi folks,

beautymark - If a seller says that he is refunding you and you do not see the refund in your PayPal account, make sure you file the claim within 45 days of sending the payment, in order to be protected by PayPal or eBay.

michele370 - From what you wrote, I can piece together what happened. Each time you made the payment, you used the bank account as the funding source. Even though the seller cancelled the transaction, the request to get the funds from your bank is not something that can be stopped. It takes 3-4 business days (in the U.S. - timeframes vary for other countries) for the funds to clear from your bank to your PayPal account. Once the funds reach your PayPal account, you will be able to withdraw them back to your bank account, or send them from your account balance for other payments.

dianna58 - When a seller refunds a bank-funded payment, the original funds have to finish clearing from your bank before they are available for use or withdrawal.

I hope that helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

jasminhiya
Contributor
Contributor

I'm wating money back since 10/2010 it's almost the end of the year ( 3 months) i still don't receive money back from paypal  $285.00 from seller health and slimm coffee in New York, seller disappear , paypay didn't return money back , disbuted case closed ( open 2 times nothing happen).

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.