Contributor
Contributor
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

bitzman
Contributor
Contributor

This issue has been resolved to my satisfaction.

Arnold Traubitz

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11

telerider
New Community Member

I have the same thing going on. I guess it takes 3-5 business days to "clear" before we see the funds in our accounts.

My question is, how do you get the funds BACK into your  original bank account.

Any ideas?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Frank
Administrator
Administrator

Hi bitzman and telerider,

Welcome! 🙂

Even if the refund is "pending" you should still see a record of that in your PayPal account.  If there is no record of a refund being initiated, then the seller has not started the refund.

A pending refund means that there are not enough funds in a seller's account to refund a buyer instantly.  In those situations, we will fund the full amount of the refund with the seller's bank account.  It can take 3-4 business days for refund from a US bank account to clear.

Once the funds clear into your PayPal account, you can transfer the funds to your bank account using the "Withdraw" option under the My Account tab.  This is located in the white bar just below all the blue tabs.

I hope this helps! 😄

- Frank

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

bradleyrobbins1
Contributor
Contributor

I have a similar problem, but from walmart.com  They cancelled the order to the item being out of stock, the email said the refund was issued through my original method of payment (which is PayPal), but no refund, pending or otherwise is showing in my accountI keep getting stonewalled everywhere I go, and I need this money.. It is nearly my last 400 bucks, for a very important purchase, and I am unemployed and have no other fundsIt seems ridiculous that a vendor as large as Walmart.com can remove the money almost instantly, but it takes DAYS for the money to come back.  Any ideas on a course of action would be very welcome.

Login to Me Too

DnBRInHere
New Community Member

What is the average time a refund shows up in your bank account.  I paid for the product with my Paypal account which is linked to a "debit" card that I use as a "credit" card.  Paypay says the refund is complete but I don't see the amount in my bank account linked to my card.  The policy says up to 30 days.  What is the average time it can take?  Is it 3-5, 5-10 or more?

Login to Me Too

lschmidt55
Contributor
Contributor

I received an email from PayPal telling me I needed to claim a refund issued to me by a seller.  I clicked on the button in the e-mail that said to "claim money now".  The screen that came gave me no other choices of anything to do.  I archived the only line there but nothing has yet been claimed according to the seller.  Please help me.  I have until Jan 14, 12 then my refund will go back to the seller.

Thanks.

Linda.

Login to Me Too

lschmidt55
Contributor
Contributor

Login to Me Too

moebutterfly
Contributor
Contributor

OK,but the e-mail to me was FROM pay-pal stating my complete payment was refunded to my pay-pal account~yet hasn`t been & no record of it pending or anything else.I have an unexpected emergency in the family & have to fly up North ASAP.This refund finally coming(yet really didn`t?!)was a God-send...but~where-OH where~IS it??

Login to Me Too
Solved

bitzman
Contributor
Contributor

Arnold Traubitz

Login to Me Too

yangd92
New Community Member

So the person i bought from has already completed the refund. How long before the refund shows up?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.