refund was removed.... what does it really mean?

joyelo
Contributor
Contributor

i paid for the item via paypal and it was completely charged on march. but after that the seller agreed to refund the money back to me.... but it was failed and the seller hasn't contacted me for 2 months already!!

the status of the transaction says "Refund was removed" .... and i checked the bank account.. there is nothing refund to my account.i called and sent her email many times, but no response back.

do i understand correctly that the seller still hasn't send money back to me?
anyone havs any idea to deal with this issue?

thank you very much

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

It sounds like the refund mony bounced - the seller write a bad echeck or something.

You're too late to file a dispute.

If you used a credit card to pay for the item, file a chargeback by calling the customer service number on the back of the card.

Login to Me Too

joyelo
Contributor
Contributor

i do know that it's too late to open a case. i think she knows about this so she trys to postpone everything until it's too late.

i paid with my Chase debit card... not sure if i could call them and get the refund. could i?

thank  you for your help.

Login to Me Too

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

The debit card isn't likely to do the job, but you could ask.

If you had proof ( emails and such) that the seller delayed you and if it is an ebay purchase, you ould try contacting ebay - they may extend the deadline for opening a dispute.  It's a long shot, but I have heard of such instances.

Login to Me Too

joyelo
Contributor
Contributor

thank you for all your replies. the seller contacted me back already and said that she had been waiting for the money from paypal too. it might be that situation you just told me.

thank you guys.

Login to Me Too

moso
New Community Member

i bought a phone on ebay about 15 days ago, i never got it so i opened a case. after 3 days i got an email saying the case was close! but i dont see the money back after those 3 days on my bank account! what can i do??

thanks a lot

Login to Me Too

joyelo
Contributor
Contributor

did you contact the seller asking him/her what happened yet?or email ebay to ask them what you should do for this issue?

i emailed them and sent one copy to myself to keep a record.

your case still have time to do .. don't wait!

good luck

Login to Me Too

thekeyantiques
New Community Member

I'm a seller and I tried to refund money for something that the buyer didn't want to pick up.  I refunded the money with an echeck (transfer out of our bank account and not our paypal account) and it was taken out of our bank account.  However, the status after a week is "removed".  I'm guessing that the buyer didn't get their money back if it is similar to your case, and I'm trying to figure this out.  The money hasn't been put back in our account either, so we are out the money and the buyer didn't get the refund.  So, all that to say that your seller probably isn't being a crook, they just probably had the money taken out of their account by ebay and assume that you really do have it in your account because they don't understand what is really happening.  I don't understand this "removed" thing and wish that Paypal would address it.  I don't want to have to refund the money again and then for whatever reason, never have the original funds put back into my account by paypal......

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.