my refund?

likre
Contributor
Contributor
 I got refunded last 8 days but nothing in my paypal account and my bank account. how long does it take???!

I start to be scared  using  paypal ???? what is going on now??!

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

How were you "refunded?  Did the seller just SAY they had refunded you?

Login to Me Too

hlponyfarm
New Community Member

I am having the same problem.    I cancelled a payment and according to paypal it was refunded.  my bank account only shows it was withdrawn.  my paypal acct says its not there.  0.     Then if I purchase something via paypal they say they took what was left out of my pay  pal acct to pay for it.  but I can never get a balance from them.   Im starting to get annoyed with all the secrecy.

Login to Me Too

concernfelt
Contributor
Contributor

I had this same thing happen, its been since the 20th of SEPTEMBER! This has me really distressed And I have tried to file a dispute but it says I can't because the transaction is not complete! The transaction was for $83.96 My acc history says it is complete for some reason and that it was refunded to my paypal account has only ever had ONE DOLLAR and NINETY FIVE CENTS in it because I always transfer the money straight from my bank account . I have my bank statment available and can prove that it was never spent. Since this happened paypal has limited my account for some reason it says it was random but strange timing and its a confirmed account??? Why can't I dispute this transaction and have this investigated?

I forgot to mention that paypal putting my account on hold is the only reason why my account has $1.95 I had to prove my identity and provide a copy of my ss card just to get them to assess my account which they still have not done

And they will not let me close my account even though I really do not want to. What is going on???!!!

I posted this here again because I saw that the other thread I posted in was solved and this one is not .

Login to Me Too

oldsquid76
New Community Member

I am having an issue over $703.00 that was refunded 2 days ago. Paypal has it on hold and I can't transfer any of it back to my bank account.  Paypal balance is still 0.00.  Using the payal chat/help is automated and of no help. They are holding my money.  When I get my money back I will close my account with paypal and file a complaint with my states attorney generals office over this practice. 

Login to Me Too

fluffybunnies18
New Community Member

I am having this problem too! :[

Hopefully I can get some answers.

I currently had a refund request. I talked with the seller, and everything went through. It says on my log from paypal that it was refunded, but I have yet to receive the money back on my card, which was over $80... Maybe it takes a certain amount of days for it to show back up on my card/account? 😕 If anyone has any ideas that'd be great...

Login to Me Too

emeraldangel

i'm  new at this, but very frustrated.  it took only a day for my payment to get to seller, and the refund has been on hold for 2 days.  1500.00.   used a bank account, so from what i see it should take at most 4 days right?  I have had other small refunds for shipping etc, and they say they have gone thru and posted, put they never showed back up in my bank.  i THINK that's because the next time i pay for something maybe it uses the refund first and charges my bank account for the difference.  I know if you use a credit card it can take up to a month to get your refund, but this is a bank account.  am i going to see it deposit automatically or do i have to do something to get it back????  paypal balance says 0.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi emeraldangel,

When you use a bank to make an instant transfer, PayPal will send our money on your behalf to your seller while we wait for the funds to clear from your bank. When the seller issues a refund within that timeframe, we have to wait for the original funds to come from your bank before the refund can be released.

To clarify some of the other questions in this thread, refunds for transactions that were funded by bank always go back to the PayPal balance. If you make a transaction after those funds are put in your balance, those funds will be used to pay for your transaction. The best way to see this in action is to log in to your account and click History, and then view All activity (with balance). This will show step-by-step every credit and debit and its effect on your balance total. That usually clears things up pretty well.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.