money is not in paypal account...

theredone999
Contributor
Contributor

i paid for an item on ebay, for some reason the seller refunded my money, he says the money has been 100% refunded, he ASSURES me he refunded the money, so i checked, the transaction is on the paypal statement, but the refund is NOT in paypal account! i used a prepaid debit card to make this purchase, and i would like to know exactly what is going on!!!

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

tanyarose
Contributor
Contributor

they refunded the $ back on the card. im going through the same thing but when they refunded mine on my greendot prepaid card the card was closed no longer useable. im trying to figure out where my money is also.

Login to Me Too

redshark

I have the same situation, please if you know what to do let me know!

Login to Me Too

Sunshine66
Contributor
Contributor

I am having same problem with two refunds - I paid for the items via a checking account and the refunds are there in the paypal transaction history but never was credited back to my checking account.   Its been almost a month and it seems this is a perpetual problem after reading all the posts on this subject.  If anyone knows / finds out how to resolve this, please let me know.   Thanks

Login to Me Too

shockmount
Contributor
Contributor

Yes could someone who works at paypal tell us how long it takes for money to be credited back to our cards/bank accounts?

Login to Me Too

amberdowd
Contributor
Contributor

I just experienced the same issue.  I returned an item to a merchant, received the refund via paypal (it shows up clearly in my transaction history from the merchant), but there is no evidence of me transferring it to my bank acct, yet my paypal balance is at zero, not the refund amount that it should be.  how do we report this?  the FAQ section is like a labyrinth!Smiley Sad

Login to Me Too

airdoc97

Wow...I"m I going to experience the same situation?? I was refunded money from a seller..And it shows refunded but my balance shows $0. Please advise if you get your money and I'll do the same. Thanks for posting your issues. 

JS

Login to Me Too

lornebrandt

After calling and speaking with a PayPal rep., she assured me that there is a 5-6 day hold on refunds and that the refund will be indicated on my bank statement in the next couple of days.  As I'm still waiting, I don't know if this is the answer.  It is hope though.

Login to Me Too

TR4PP
New Community Member

I received my refund almost immediately from an online site, but it takes a few days for that transaction to show as "completed" in your PayPal history. It took approx. 5 days from the refund date, in my situation, before the funds showed in my PayPal balance. Then if you want to transfer those funds to a bank account it takes another 3-5 days! It's a long time consuming process, and it depends on the company or person you purchased from, PayPal, and your particular bank on how long it could take. For example Forever 21's online site takes up to 2-3 weeks just to get a refund processed ! Add on PayPal and the bank's processing time, and it's not far fetched that you could be looking at up to a month long wait.  It depends, but if you've been waiting longer than the specified timeline that a company gives you, I'd get in contact with them and PayPal immediately!

Login to Me Too

kevinca2004

I'm in the same boat. In Paypal, all looks great, but according to my Wells Fargo online access, they aren't seeing the transaction.

Doesn't make sense. I don't doubt Paypal refunded my card. I'm wondering why my bank hasn't credited me back. It took them 2 seconds to reflect my original purchase on the card. Why so long to show money being deposited back on to it?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.