is my refund gonna go back to my credit card

brina
New Community Member

i got my money back from ebay i see it on the paypal account but i wanna kno if its gonna get sent back to my credit card....or is it gonna just stay on my paypal acct..

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

SteveHogan
Contributor
Contributor

It's just going to stay in your PayPal account until you withdraw it to your bank account.

Login to Me Too

bethrussell
Contributor
Contributor

HOW do you make the money withdraw back onto your credit card.  This is too many steps to get a refund. thanks.

Login to Me Too

SteveHogan
Contributor
Contributor

1)  Withdraw the money to your checking account.

2)  Pay your credit card from your checking account.

There is no way to withdraw money directly to your credit card.  When you buy something using PayPal the steps taken are:

1)  Funds are added to your account from your credit card.

2)  Those funds are used to make the payment to the seller.

You don't see these as two separate steps but that is the way it works (as explained in the fine print when you signed up for a PayPal account).

Hope this is helpful.

Login to Me Too

bethrussell
Contributor
Contributor

okay, i didn't know that it could go to my credit card, where does it state that?

Login to Me Too

SteveHogan
Contributor
Contributor

No, it can't go directly to your credit card (please reread my earlier post).

I am not sure where (or if) it says this on the PayPal site explicitly.  But if you think about the actual process i.e.  you add funds to your account from your card and then your account is used to pay the buyer, (even though this is transparent to you when it happens) you can see how it actually works.  A big part of this is due to the MasterCard and Visa operating agreements.  There is no provision for directly putting money onto a credit card without going through a credit transaction which requires corroborating information from the card holder or seller.  Since the actual seller never sees your credit card, they cannot provide the required info to the card company.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.