cant find my refund

ashin3
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I was just notified by paypal via email that I received a refund. However there is no money in my paypal balance or banking account. Your help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Alex

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Lilly
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

ashin3,

Thank you for the additional information.  The credit should go directly back onto your credit/debit card.  I would suggest giving our Customer Service a call.  They would be happy to take a look for you!

Lilly

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
14 REPLIES 14

PayPal_Lilly
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hello ashin3,

Welcome!

Was the refund for a recent transaction you made?  If so, it is possible that the original transaction has not yet cleared into PayPal.

Once the original transaction clears into our system, we would release the funds into your account.

Could you check in your PayPal account to see if it is showing a refund on the transaction, possibly on hold.

Lilly

Login to Me Too

ashin3
Contributor
Contributor

Hi lily,

The transaction I made was through paypal guest access, so I dont know how I can access my account. All I have is a case number but the transaction is not showing up in my history in the account I created...

Login to Me Too
Solved

PayPal_Lilly
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

ashin3,

Thank you for the additional information.  The credit should go directly back onto your credit/debit card.  I would suggest giving our Customer Service a call.  They would be happy to take a look for you!

Lilly

Login to Me Too

ashin3
Contributor
Contributor

Got it, Thanks so much Lilly 🙂

Login to Me Too

stefsmom25
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having the same problem.  Merchant refunded my money but it doesn't show in my balance or checking account!  Has caused several bank fees, to.  How do I get my money?  Have written Paypal but received no response.  Now what?

Login to Me Too

stefsmom25
Contributor
Contributor

It's been plenty of time for it to be returned to me.  Instead of a refund to my checking account paypal tried to take the same amount again!  Why am I being cheated?

Login to Me Too

stefsmom25
Contributor
Contributor

It shows in history as a refund but I never got the money back from Paypal!  The same merchant later gave me refund which I got back right away.

Login to Me Too

Dre426
Contributor
Contributor
I have a refund coming to me I want to know if its going to my bank account or pay pal account so I know were to look for my refund?
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Lilly
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hello Dre426,

Welcome!

It depends on the original funding method you used to fund the transaction.  If you paid via credit card, the refund would go back onto your card.

If you paid via PayPal balance, or bank account, the funds would go back into your PayPal account. 

Hope this helps,

Lilly

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.