about refunds

jay_jay
Contributor
Contributor

why does it takes 30 days before receiving the money i refunded? thank in advance

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

PayPal_Andy

Well jay_jay, if you're receiving a refund to a credit card, it can take up to 30 days to post back on the card.  This is actually due to the card processor, not us, so you would want to call them to see what their normal timeframe is for that.  Otherwise, a refund from a bank should maybe take a week or so at most.  Realize that there's always one-off situations that may change things, but for the most part these times would be normal for refunds.

Andy

Login to Me Too

slam1083
Contributor
Contributor

Why is it that there is a hold on my refund? The money was pulled immediately when purchase occured but now there is a hold on a refund that was issued from the company.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Andy

slam1083-  More than likely I've answered this question here.  If the scenario doesn't work, let me know and we'll see what else I can come up with.

Andy

Login to Me Too

jay_jay
Contributor
Contributor

if i want to purchase an item, at same price, using that refund. is it applicable? cause we bought an item from ebay and we already pay for it, using paypal. then a day after that. the seller sent me a message that he/she didn't receive the payment. so i cancel the transaction and until now im still waitin for that refund. (actually when i checked the email of that seller, is says that he/she is not registered. so the seller send me an invoice and he/she is asking me to click the "pay invoice" (if i click that, will it be charged to me or to paypal for the money?) 

thank you and God bless 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Andy

Unless the money has already cleared into your PayPal balance, then if you paid for the second item it would try to pull from your bank again.  You would still have the money coming from the first transaction that would pay for the second, but you would have to wait the 3-5 business days for it to wind up in your PayPal balance.

Andy

Login to Me Too

jay_jay
Contributor
Contributor

im sorry, im not so good in english, so does it mean that, if i buy another item, at the same price, the paypal will pay for it? 

Login to Me Too

Hassan777

Hi Andy,

I got refunded today. When do I become able to see the money in my account (I use my credit card to pay for making purchases). And if I bought something today, does it charge my credit card or just subtract the money form the refund money I just got? Thanks

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Andy

Lemme clarify jay_jay.  Until the refund actually shows up as an available balance in your PayPal balance, any purchases would use more money from your bank.  Once the refund is in your PayPal account, you can use those funds to make your purchase.  So, no, PayPal will not be paying for it 🙂

Hello Hassan777 🙂   If you used a credit card to make a purchase, then the refund would go back to the card.  And as I wrote in response to jay_jay's original post, it can take up to 30 days for that refund to post back to the card.  So if you bought something after the refund, technically it would be doing both.  It would charge your credit card, but also depending on when the refund posts, it may be using the newly available credit from that refund.  Make sense?

Andy

Login to Me Too

jay_jay
Contributor
Contributor

how can i see if its available on my balance? 

so you mean to say if i purchase another item i will pay again then im gonna still wait 30 working days to refund my first payment? what is my assurance that i will refund my first payment? thanks

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.