Why have I not received my refund??

twilightbaby1o
Contributor
Contributor

I bought something from ebay that I never received so they issued a refund to me. It says that the money was refunded but it's been a good 2 weeks and I still have not received in my paypal account or my bank account. I have no clue what is going on. 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

jjoyous1
Contributor
Contributor

I just got off the phone with Paypal AND eBay and I know what happened. It wasn't a trick or anything shady. It's a counter-intuitive interface in Paypal - ebay sends you an email that says you have a refund and tells you to log into Paypal. If you click the refund button in Paypal, the money reverts back to the refunder. In my case, it was eBay and they will open a new case and re-refund the money.

If you accidentally refunded it back to some other entity than ebay, I don't know what happens. But if eBay was the refunder, just call them and they will help you. I had to call Paypal first and they connected me to eBay. I don't have the Paypal number in front of me, but I could find it if someone needs it.

Good Luck!

joy

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
77 REPLIES 77

yathe
Contributor
Contributor

Does it say it's pending or completed? It usually takes a while for everything to process.

I'm currently in a similar situation. Mine has been pending for almost 2 weeks now - last week I got an e-mail saying the sender's bank declined it, so I have to wait some more... 😞

Login to Me Too

momoftwo
Contributor
Contributor

Did you finally receive your refund?  If so-how long did it take and where did you find it?  Was it in your paypal acct or did you find the refund in your bank acct/statement?

Login to Me Too

piazink
Contributor
Contributor

To "Momoftwo":

I recovered my money through a Chargeback which I initiated through my credit card company.  Because my item was a custom order that I knew would take time, the deadline for claiming a refund based on "item not delivered" had passed before I realized that the item was not coming.  Although I was told it could take up to two billing cycles for the chargeback to appear in my account, it actually happened within a day or two and appeared in my PayPal account as a pending dispute for a short time longer.

Under Item 13 of the PayPal user agreement there is no stipulated time for receiving a refund, but from other postings, it appears to be two or three weeks.  I am not sure, but I think it appears in your PayPal account, and you can then direct that it be transferred to your bank or credit card.  Customer Service could answer that for you.

Login to Me Too

momoftwo
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for your reply-I appreciate it.  This just happened last week so I will give it a week or two and go from there.  I have already contacted the seller, ebay, and paypal regarding this matter so hopefully it will be resolved sooner than later.

Login to Me Too

twilightbaby1o
Contributor
Contributor

It says that it's completed and the money was refunded but I still did not receive any money. 

Login to Me Too

stars78
New Community Member

I haven't received mine either!  I got an email saying I got the refund but I looked in my Paypal account and it not there!

Login to Me Too

twilightbaby1o
Contributor
Contributor

I thought it was supposed to go back to the card that I used and I have been waiting almost 3 weeks but still nothing. So if anybody knows what I can do to get my money, please let me know!!

Login to Me Too

danilamaslov
Contributor
Contributor

i have the same problem with my money, im waiting for refund, 

its written that complete but i cant get my money

Login to Me Too

danilamaslov
Contributor
Contributor

what i can do? smd help me

its mean that i cant get my money back never??

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.