(WHERE is my Refund?!) Receiving Refund question via Credit/Debit Card

slyfuldragon
Contributor
Contributor

I was refunded a sum of money from a seller, and I ONLY entered my card number(through paypal), no bank number.

*USUALLY, Once refunded (anywhere else) you would see transactions on hold (Purchases/Refunds).

The questions is: I was refunded, how come checking my online statement, it doesnt show my refund on transactions "pending/on hold", or is it added already to my balance (naturally on a credit/debit card it has to be held for a couple of days) but again, nothing is showing and its been 5 hours since the refund.

Any Ideas?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

slyfuldragon
Contributor
Contributor

Even though there wasn't any pending funds, I checked my balance this morning and the funds was in my balance and on my statement.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
33 REPLIES 33

slyfuldragon
Contributor
Contributor

OH, and the details DO same completed, just to throw that out there.

PayPal advisors, PLEASE help maybe? or some clue?

Login to Me Too
Solved

slyfuldragon
Contributor
Contributor

Even though there wasn't any pending funds, I checked my balance this morning and the funds was in my balance and on my statement.

Login to Me Too

MrLove
Contributor
Contributor

I was issued a refund and online banking said payment pending. Now online banking hast posted the deduction as no longer pending and I still havent received my refund after 2 1/2 business days. How long does it take to receive a refund?

Login to Me Too

MrLove
Contributor
Contributor

I just received my refund, there is HOPE!!!

Login to Me Too

FRKCHICAGO
New Community Member

I received this message from PayPal that I was refunded my money from the seller. When I go too my acct I dont see any refund given? Just wondering why not? Thanks

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi FRKCHICAGO,

If you go to your History and view All Activity (with balance), it will give you a clearer view of whether or not you received a refund on your payment. I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

lulides
New Community Member

Olivia,

I was refunded yesterday at around 4:30pm on my Paypal MasterCard an amount at PaylessShoe.

As of today at 8am I haven't received neither an email from PayPal nor a confirmation. And I don't see the transaction in the history panel.

How long does it usually takes when the refund was made to the MasterCard?

Thanks,

Lucy

Login to Me Too

arnoldmerle
New Community Member
Newegg said they credited my account for $330.00. Please confirm
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi arnoldmerle,

Welcome to the forums!

For account-specific info, you'd have to contact Customer Solutions, but I can definitely tell you how to check in your account to see for yourself.

If you log into your account and go to History, and set the dates back to before you made your purchase to Newegg, Your original transaction will show. There will be a plus sign to the left of it. If you click the plus sign, it will show any associated transactions, including any refunds. If you paid with a credit card, it will also show if the refund went back to your card.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.