Temporary Hold placed on my refund!!!!

slhixsons
New Community Member

So I'm guessing that the problem that I am having with getting my refund put back into my paypal account is happening to a lot of others!!!!! I purchased a pair of shoes from ebay on the 16th. On the 19th the seller contacted me and said that one of the shoes was damaged so she was going to refund the money. I told her to refund the money on the 19th, and she did. That's not the problem.....the problem is.....It is exactly 4 days till Christmas and I need to order another pair of shoes, but until paypal takes the temporary hold off of my refund I won't have the money to purchase another pair of shoes!!!!!!! If paypal can front the money to the seller in order to get them paid in a timely manner, then they should be able to front the money to me, so that I can order another pair of shoes!!!!! This is the first and last time I will ever attempt to purchase something as a Christmas gift over the internet using paypal!!!!!  This has been an awful experience!!!!!  

Login to Me Too
290 REPLIES 290

Bowserb
New Community Member

Made a "buy it now" purchase (from eyepowersupplies) of an item that noted Over ten available.  Money taken out of my bank account promptly, received notice from eyepowersupplies that it was out of stock and would be refunded.  Checked paypal history and it shows refunded.  My bank account shows the money going out but not coming back in.  What's up?

I had a paypal account years ago and cancelled it because of stuff like this.  The item I tried to purchase was a paypal only deal, so I opened a new paypal account.  Big mistake, apparently.  I imagine I'll eventually get my money back, but why does paypal make it so easy to pay and so hard to get refunded?  Yeah, I already know the answer.

I don't know why I thought paypal would be better now.  Shame on me.

BTW, eyepowersupplies still shows 93 of this item in stock!

Login to Me Too

jens4jesus

Why is it ok to take money out of my account immediately but when it comes time to refunding, they place  "temporary" hold?????  It does not make sense when both the debitor and creditor hold accounts with the middleman (Paypal).  I should not have to wait for my refund!  Does this mean I might not receive it?  I am afraid to cancel the transaction with Ebay until my money is actually in my account and not on "hold"

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi jens4jesus, and welcome to the forums!

Please take a look at this FAQ, which explains how the delay on funds availability for refunds works, and why it happens.

Using Your Bank with PayPal - Frequently Asked Questions

The information there will shed some light on what's happening in the background when you make an Instant Transfer, and when the refund occurs before that process is complete.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

jasbury
Contributor
Contributor

Now going on my fourth day of a temporary hold and the monney I paid cleard my account yesterday. Customer service in some foreign country hung up on me twice after 40 minutes waiting to find out why the details of the transaction says the refund has been applied to my paypal balance.  Is it possible Paypal is like a pyramid scheme where they use other peoples money to pay what they owe to others.  Millions of electronic transactions occur daily and instantly so stop with the 3 to 5 business days to process excuse.

Login to Me Too

rfry
Contributor
Contributor

I have been a PayPal account holder for over 10 years and this BS about refunded monies being on"Hold" for 3-4 days is

ridiculous.

I will be withdrawing my funds from PayPal as soon as my funds are released and it will be my final transaction.

Have a good day PayPal,

Roger

Login to Me Too

zonasmom7777
New Community Member

BECAUSE OF YOUR TEMPORARY HOLD...

I AM UNABLE TO BUY THE ONE TOY MY SON ASKED FOR WHILE IT IS ON SALE FOR A PRICE I CAN ACTUALLY AFFORD. THANKS PAYPAL

Login to Me Too

toronto0608
Contributor
Contributor

I received a refund from a seller on ebay ad two items and received one item and the seller sent a refund to my paypal account. Now paypal put a temporary hold on the refund.  It's been longer then a few days and still no money in my account. Why so long ?

Login to Me Too

Damnthehold
New Community Member

Im kinda encountering the same issue!!!

How come!! The seller has refunded this since 8 days ago !!! Now my money is still on hold by paypal??? what the heck...

You know what!? I think they are probably using our money for capital flow or investment ro something. I read the previous threads and noticed that some representatives said the money is supposed to be back to our account in 3~5 business days!!! now its been over 8 days!!!

what is going on?!?!  thats 1063$!!!!  I want to use my money!! im even broke !!

now its approaching xmas,  and i can even buy anything.

I WILL CLOSE MY PAYPAL ACCOUNT AND NEVER EVER USE THIS **bleep** RIGHT AFTER MY MONEY IS BACK.

Login to Me Too

sctertramp
Contributor
Contributor

Why does paypal sit on the money that is sent by refunds by sellers from e-bay.I am in constant contact with the refunder and as the refundee I am still waiting for the funds. Also would like to know why Paypal sits on the $50 for verifying the account. 1 more thing..why doesn't paypal respond to anyone in the Forums??????

Login to Me Too

ScottBC1960
New Community Member

Well, here I am on Nov. 15th, with a temporary hold placed on a refund on Nov. 8th, and the hold has yet to be lifted!! Just how long is temporary??? I read 3-4 business days, but now I'm beginning to wonder! It was a straight-forward refund, with no dispute of any kind between the seller and myself I've made over 450 transactions with PayPal and this is SO FRUSTRATING!!!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.