Temporary Hold placed on my refund!!!!

slhixsons
New Community Member

So I'm guessing that the problem that I am having with getting my refund put back into my paypal account is happening to a lot of others!!!!! I purchased a pair of shoes from ebay on the 16th. On the 19th the seller contacted me and said that one of the shoes was damaged so she was going to refund the money. I told her to refund the money on the 19th, and she did. That's not the problem.....the problem is.....It is exactly 4 days till Christmas and I need to order another pair of shoes, but until paypal takes the temporary hold off of my refund I won't have the money to purchase another pair of shoes!!!!!!! If paypal can front the money to the seller in order to get them paid in a timely manner, then they should be able to front the money to me, so that I can order another pair of shoes!!!!! This is the first and last time I will ever attempt to purchase something as a Christmas gift over the internet using paypal!!!!!  This has been an awful experience!!!!!  

Login to Me Too
290 REPLIES 290

Zaza
Contributor
Contributor
It's shameful and disgusting for paypal to behave like this! 5 days now and my $2,000 are still on hold. They do it intentionally to cash interest. I cannot see a better explanation and I'm very dissatisfied with this fraud practice. When you pay them they deduct it IMMEDIATELY from your acct. but when you need to be refunded it takes forever. What else are we waiting of both parties have agreed on cancellation?!! I'm not using paypal again. I'll stick to my credit card sorry
Login to Me Too

chaulivn
New Community Member

hi, I got the same problem, emailed them twice already to ask about it. Still waiting for the answer. I still got some transactions going through paypal. I feel really worry now if I want to return some items and need to get the money back. Hope everything is ok. After this, I don't think I will use paypal again. 😞

Login to Me Too

Niko_Forward
Contributor
Contributor

I got the same situation.I ordered a htc sensation 4g and then I received a message from a seller that the phone was broken. He made a refund money to me. Meanwhile, Paypal has put a temporary hold on my money. I am expecting a release of my money since 13 July...:(

Login to Me Too

hazeofbane000
Contributor
Contributor

As I contributed at one point to this thread, I think it is important to come back and respond.

It's easy that if ones get their refund, they are thus happy, and don't update the thread.  I did get my refund.  It came, it just took several days.  So no one should worry that such a refund will happen.  It's just the length of time that causes so many problems ...

Login to Me Too

Niko_Forward
Contributor
Contributor

I got the money. Thank you!

The time is 3 days.

Login to Me Too

chrispix
New Community Member

I placed an order on Monday for an item, after some further review, I found out that the item did no thave the same specs as was written on the item details, and I canceled my order w/ the seller. They processed the order the following day, Tuesday my bank account also showed as being debited for the $200+ (on 7/20). Paypal showed a processed refund on 7/20. Unfortunately paypal has my money from my banmk, but put a hold on my transaction for 3-4 days.  Not only that, because I did it w/ bank draft, I understand that once the hold is lifted, I will then have ANOTHER 3-4 days while I wait for it to go back in my account. So what I canceled after about an hour after my order being placed will take over a week for a full refund back into my bank account. This is highway robbery. I called customer support, and they were pretty useless telling me that it takes x amount of time to move it between paypall accounts. Yeah right, i do software development for a living, moving fund digitally even in a batch proccess should take less than 24 hours (if you only batch 1x a night). I would like to get my money back + interest on my money. Unfortunately the money you are holding which is mine I charge 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000% interest APR so.. Please refund my money before you incurre some more interest charges.

Paypal, I have been a customer for over 10 years. I am going to close my account as soon as I am done. And while I love ebay, and their payment methods, i am also going to cancel my ebay account which has been opened equally as long. I purchased some shares a while back of ebay, which have done nothing but go down. I am going to rid myself of all things I used to like, and used to take pride in (such as my 100% satisfactory rating on ebay). 

I doubt anyone from Paypal really cares, they still have this hold issue since this thread started in December.  

Also I find it funny that you cant say '**bleep**' as a tag. Way to censor your forums.

Login to Me Too

jk126
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered a pair of shoes from NewBalance online. After reviewing the receipt of the order just moments after placing it, I realized I selected the wrong size.  I call NB right away and they could not change the order, they had to cancel it.  And when I wanted to do another order they needed a different form of payment.  They said it would take 3 to 4 days for the initial funds to be available.  So I did not proceed with the new order.  That was on July 8th.  I let a week pass waiting for my funds to be released--- nothing.        Wrote paypal , wrote NB.  When I got replies.. They both blame
each other. I emailed paypal they blame new balance and said I should speak to them. I did and they blame paypal they just want to ping pong me back and forth.  It’s July 22 and my transaction was on the July 8the.  I think two weeks 10 business day is enough time to release these funds?  Both sides promise to take care of it and nothing for 2 days now.  By the way the funds were in a paypal balance, not a credit card transfer to paypal.  And all we are talking about is 60. Bucks.. gheez

also when i look at transactionon my account it clearly states hold is from paypal.  the new balance part states pending.

Login to Me Too

yilintsai
New Community Member

okay, so I've got the same problem too and looking to resolve this as soon as possible. I am getting frustrated that it is keeping my money held and stuck at paypal when I need to use them. I purchased an item on ebay and the next day, they said they were back-ordered, so I asked them for a refund instead. Which, they did and also sent, using the ebay system, to have me agree to cancel the transaction. So, why isn't my money back to my paypal balance? Instead, it puts on hold and it has already been three days. I really need an answer to this as well as my money back.

Login to Me Too

VaultTechy

I'm in the negative on my bank account and Paypal owes me money. I'm supposed to wait weeks? This is absolutely ridiculous and disrespectful, your unwillingness to help clients is costing me money.

Login to Me Too

jtb77
Contributor
Contributor

oct 4th ordered.

oct 5th money removed from my bank account by paypal.

oct 12th refunded. paypal temporary hold

so explain that, 2~3 days, you wait to refund money to make sure you have it tobgin with?!

5th to 12th is 5 business days, your answers in this thread don't hold water. As far as I'm concerned, paypal has had ample time to process my payment and have had my money for at least a couple business days now, but yet, it's still on hold, while in this threads logic, it shouldn't have needed to be put on hold in the first place...

And to add salt to the wound, if and when I ever get my refund, it goes to my paypal balance, you know why? BECAUSE THERE IS A CHARGE for transfering funds from your paypal balance!!!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.