Temporary Hold placed on my refund!!!!

slhixsons
New Community Member

So I'm guessing that the problem that I am having with getting my refund put back into my paypal account is happening to a lot of others!!!!! I purchased a pair of shoes from ebay on the 16th. On the 19th the seller contacted me and said that one of the shoes was damaged so she was going to refund the money. I told her to refund the money on the 19th, and she did. That's not the problem.....the problem is.....It is exactly 4 days till Christmas and I need to order another pair of shoes, but until paypal takes the temporary hold off of my refund I won't have the money to purchase another pair of shoes!!!!!!! If paypal can front the money to the seller in order to get them paid in a timely manner, then they should be able to front the money to me, so that I can order another pair of shoes!!!!! This is the first and last time I will ever attempt to purchase something as a Christmas gift over the internet using paypal!!!!!  This has been an awful experience!!!!!  

Login to Me Too
290 REPLIES 290

GillianNotts
Contributor
Contributor

The same thing is happening to me; no response to queries. And unhappily there'll be another refund coming to me shortly -  but  going forward Paypal are out of the loop for anything other than very small ebay payments. 

No more commision for you! 

I'll use my debit card instead. 

You've really shot yourselves in the foot with this scam.

Login to Me Too

Archer65
I agree, I'll be using my debit card!
Login to Me Too

tracerbob
Contributor
Contributor

I too am going through this.  I purchased an item online from a major vendor.  The item was then backordered with no grantee it would arrive by Christmas.  So I canceled the order and they quickly refunded my 319 dollars.  Now it's stuck in paypal with a temporary hold placed on it.  I have read most of this forum and still cannot figure out why they are doing this.  This is really **bleep**ing up my Christmas.  Ok paypal, what's the story?  In plain English please.  Smiley Mad

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi tracerbob, and welcome to the forums!

The simplest explanation can be found in this post. That URL should jump directly to the post. If it does not, you may need to set your topic options to Sort Oldest to Newest. You can do this at the top of the page beneath the header graphic, on the left.

For more details about time frames, take a look at this FAQ.

I hope this helps clarify!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

GillianNotts
Contributor
Contributor

Not going to bother to reply to mine then?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi GillianNotts, and welcome to the forums!

All of the time frames apply to all situations. Transfers from your bank to PayPal can take 3-5 business days to traverse the Automated Clearing House process (and the same in the other direction.) When a refund is performed by the seller before the original funds have finished clearing from your bank, the funds are unavailable, but they are made available as soon as they have cleared.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

GillianNotts
Contributor
Contributor

I'm sorry I didn't realise Paypal still conducted their banking with quill pens and vellum.

I assumed the instant electronic transfer might be in use...

Login to Me Too

jameshayes
Contributor
Contributor

BRAVO!  Your  statement  was  like  music  to  my  ears ,  it  just  did  my  heart  good  to  know  that  someone  else realize,s  what  we  the  people   are  up  against .  thank  you  for  your  entry .  James

Login to Me Too

user1101
New Community Member

I guess that's new. I have received refunds in the past and it was a few hours of a process.... Suppose no more. Anyway, awaiting my modest sum to be released from prison, clear customs, pass a background check, get biotagged, graduate community awereness and then maybe get bussed back to my paypal account. From there on if nothing has changed, it should be a few days until the crate arrives at my bank carried by a donkey wagon.

Hah! I think the real problem is the message that is given. "PP is reviewing it" is throwing people off (me inclusive). It makes it sound as if there is some sort of a PROBLEM with the money.

Perhaps you would be wise to i don't know.. say.. edit the message so that people do not freak out? Just a thought.

Login to Me Too

Loser

Took my money FROM my acct instantly. Seller refunded immediately because they didn't have product. Finally got the 3-5 day hold released, so I hit transfer back to my checking acct, now they say that could take another 3-5 days. Absurd. As soon as I get my money back, I'm done with Paypal. Terrible customer service. Can't wait to close my Paypal account!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.