Temporary Hold from my refund not being released

bdonedge
Contributor
Contributor

I purchased a 180 dollar item from newegg, which is a confirmed paypal sender, and my money was taken from my bank account right away. then realized I didn't have the money to spend, so I issued a refund, they gave me my money back to my paypal account but then BAM, it was put on hold. Why did they put it on hold if they know newegg is a legit source? It's been 4 business days. There is no reason for this, I'm extremely worried because I need that money. I have read a lot on here of people saying their temporary hold has not lifted at all, and this is a lot of money. i will be filing a lawsuit if I do not receive my money back.

Has anyone here had a refund actually returned to them with this "temporary hold"?

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

bdonedge
Contributor
Contributor

bump. Still not received.

Login to Me Too

ETERN1TY
Contributor
Contributor

I still haven't received my payment, it's been july 2nd till the 9th. it's been already 5 business days.

Login to Me Too

bigduvall
Contributor
Contributor

They're **bleep**ing me, too.  I'm waiting on a $200 refund from GoDaddy, that has already been submitted to PayPal.  All of this happened back on Tuesday, before PayPal processed the payment, yet they decided to pull the money out of my account on Wednesday and put a hold on the refund, so now I'm in the negative.

They don't even have the decency to respond to my inquiry...

Login to Me Too

jeniferm1
New Community Member

Yes, I received a refund (paypal sent me an e-mail too.) On Juy 4th they put a temp hold on it.  On uly 6th it removed. However, and I use my checking accoutnt not a credit for paypal, it's not showing my credit anywhere actually IN my account. I'm going to contact PP about it - maybe they'll answer me????

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.