TEMPORARY HOLD ON CANCELED PAYMENT VERY UPSET!!!

stingrayed
Contributor
Contributor

Someone please help me.   I made a payment to an individual using paypal and after the payment was completed she told me that she gave me an incorrect email address, so I canceled this payment.  I completed another payment to her using the second email address and I accidently typed an incorrect letter in her email, so I canceled a second payment.  Both payments were never picked up by her.   I thought, no problem, I canceled these.  I made a third payment to her and it was correct and was picked up by her.  This is the problem....Paypal has put a temporary hold on the first two payments, even though they were not ever sent and it's been 5 days!!!  My bank account  has not been refunded for the first two cancelled payments that were never even sent!  Paypal shows a hold and a release of the hold, but the two payments are not back in my account.  I am furious becuse I cannot dispute these.  WHAT CAN I DO???????

Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12

NormBarb
Contributor
Contributor
I made a payment to a family member, but accidentally did not tag it as personal, so a charge was applied. It was immediately refunded (within 5 minutes). It was never deposited. PayPal has put it on Temporary Hold. Is this a scam or what!!
Login to Me Too

SteveHogan
Contributor
Contributor

@NormBarb wrote:
I made a payment to a family member, but accidentally did not tag it as personal, so a charge was applied. It was immediately refunded (within 5 minutes). It was never deposited. PayPal has put it on Temporary Hold. Is this a scam or what!!

When you say "never deposited" I assume you mean that the recipient did not claim the cash.  I also assume that you funded this transaction from your bank account.  What happens when you do that is:

1)  PayPal sends a withdrawl to your bank for the amount of the transaction and assumes that you have the cash available in your bank account.

2)  PayPal immediately makes the cash available to the recipient even though they have not yet received the cash from your bank.

3)  When the recipient refunded the cash to you, PayPal put it on hold until it actually gets the cash from your bank (which takes a few days).

The problem is with the delays inherent in the ACH system between banks, and not a "scam" on PayPal's part.

Hope this is helpful, or at least explains the issue.

Login to Me Too

pitoturbo

i order a bubble strut for the back transmision and in my order it came out whit a strutbar for my trunk.i would like my transmission strut or if not my money back tru paypal.....thank u and please let me know

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.