Seller refunded then posted a "bank reversal"

CBTransaction
New Community Member

I never received an item and requested a refund which was issued 2 months ago..no problems there, however I just received an email from Paypal stating that the seller had issued a "bank reversal" and that they needed tracking info from me and to please respond or they will close this case and reverse the refund.  I log into my account and go to Resolution but there is no record of the refund under open or closed disputes.  What am I supposed to be entering?  Where am I supposed to be entering it at?  I don't want to lose my money for an item I never received!

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Pumpkin2289
New Community Member

I have no idea-- i returned an item then paypal said they processed my refund and that was over a week ago and it still hasnt gotten to my account--also upon checking they said they charged me for the item in november then that same day refunded it then again in december and like i said i haven't recieved it-- i checked my bank account and they had only taken the money out once-- and the refund hasn't been deposited--it was the gazelle store and i am in the process of dealing with them-- mabie you should contact the sellor or store that you got it from-- good luck and happy holidays

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Amy

Hi CBTransaction.

It sounds like the seller issued you a refund as a payment, then may have had an issue with their bank account.  The best way to handle an issue like this is to contact PayPal directly confirming that it is a refund and not a payment. 

Hi Pumpkin2289.

Did the refund say pending or completed?  If the refund was completed it would be added back to your PayPal account balance and not back to the bank account that was used.  If you still haven't received or see the refund, please contact us directly so we can research this further.

Amy

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.