Refund on Hold...again.

lamewing
Contributor
Contributor

This is getting silly. I bought an item off eBay. I didn't like it and the buyer refunded my paypment after receiving the item back on October 7th. It is now October 11th and the refund is still on hold. WHY is paypal holding my refund? It is because Paypal wants to make $$$ on the interest? How much longer must I wait for the refund to clear?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_Andy

lamewing-  Well, there's a couple options here.  If you used your bank to fund the transaction, and it hasn't cleared into our systems yet, we'd hold it until it actually clears. Given how long ago-- I'm assuming -- this transaction happened, that's probably not the case (but I couldn't rule it out).

If the seller didn't have enough of a balance in their PayPal account to refund you, it would pull from their bank, and the refund would be pending until it clears from their bank.  This would normally take 3-5 business days (weekends don't count and Monday was a holiday, so it could be extended a bit).

Hope that at least gives you some possible options for the delay.

Andy

Login to Me Too

shadofax
New Community Member

I am still waiting 30 days now since the seller refunded my money and I returned her item. PayPal has my money and I want it!  How long is too long? I have called and emailed and I'm really tired of waiting. Is this usual business? If so I'm done with pay pal and I will get my money!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.