Need PayPal Refund for Money Returned

carvermann101
New Community Member

I refunded $400 from paypal using the Send Money icon................I believe it should have gone thru another way, Issue Credit? ........Will I still get my fee refund or do I have to file anything/anywhere else???????? carvermann101

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

skier
Advisor
Advisor

Was this a full refund?    If yes and you did not do it via the Transaction Record, then no, you will not get any fees returned you.   There's no way PayPal would know that this is a Refund, the system sees this as simply using the Send Money feature.  Actually, the receiver may now up paying a fee to receive this money depending on what option you chose when you used the Send Money feature.

Here's a few tips on refunds:

If you issue a total refund within 60 days of the transaction date, PayPal refunds the original transaction fee for receiving the payment to your account. For partial refunds, the fee refund will be calculated at the same percentage as the payment refund. When you issue a refund after 60 days, your original transaction fee for receiving the payment is not credited to your account. If you refund a pending eCheck payment, no fees are charged because the pending payment is effectively canceled.

For example: If You sell something for $100 (fee is $2.90 + $0.30) and refund $50, paypal will issue a refund of 50% of the fee (not including the $0.30) so in this case $1.80 will be returned to your PayPal Account.

Regards,

skier

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.