How to get my refund!

Allie22
Contributor
Contributor

I bought an item on ebay after I had just opened a new bank account so I was using a temporary card. The item cost $14.50 and I had $1.95 in my paypal account and the other $12.55 was taken from my temporary debit card. The seller on ebay never sent my item so I asked for a full refund and I got it. But, I no longer have the temporary card so the $12.55 went to that card that is no longer in use and I don't know how I can recieve that money. I did get the $1.95 that was taken from my paypal account. HELP I don't know how to get that 12 dollars back! Thank you

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Allie22
Contributor
Contributor

Okay so i checked my bank account today and the money was in there! So, I think no matter if it was temporary it was still the same bank account. I think it just takes a few days to be put in your account! I hope this helps 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
35 REPLIES 35

darrells1977
New Community Member

i would like to know too!!! im having the same exact problem!!

Login to Me Too
Solved

Allie22
Contributor
Contributor

Okay so i checked my bank account today and the money was in there! So, I think no matter if it was temporary it was still the same bank account. I think it just takes a few days to be put in your account! I hope this helps 🙂

Login to Me Too

Amrhammami
Contributor
Contributor

Ty for making this i had the same problem I'll just wait till it gets in bank.

Login to Me Too

KeithH
Contributor
Contributor

Allie,

glad you got the money you needed or at least found it. 🙂 You'll find that it takes a while for banks to usually process any electronic transactions. Likewise, if you add funds from your bank account to PayPal, you'll find that those transactions aren't instant either (due to the way the automated clearing system works) :).

I'd be concerned if you'd done a transaction, waited a week and saw nothing, I'd probably start freeking out at that particular point. But doesn't sound like you had a problem!

Have fun. 😉

If you ever have any other PayPal questions, don't hesitate to ask-after all, that's what the community is for!

And of course, if us PayPal users don't know the answer, an administrator always should know something. 🙂

Login to Me Too

lyoung123
Contributor
Contributor

I have been waiting 6 days now for my refund!! Nothing!!! Frustrated!! They are sooooo slow....

Login to Me Too

dexterstuffle
New Community Member

I sent an item back to a vendor and was notified a refund had been made. Will it be posted as a credit on my credit card or remain in PayPal till I use it or make a request for it?

Login to Me Too

dhernandez5252
New Community Member

i want a refund from the item i purchases ASAP please.

Login to Me Too

1977wasgood

can someone tell me how ans when my refund of $78.40 will be sent to me.  Or is it credited to my bank?  I am told in my gmail that my refund was received from the seller.  I have'nt got a clue whem/how you will get it to me.

@dhernandez5252 wrote:

@dhernandez5252 wrote:

Login to Me Too

oharris96
New Community Member

How do I get my refund? The sellers issued a refund back to me on July 28th and another separate refund on Aug 2nd. But I have not recieved it in my bank account,so why is it taking so long for my refund to be issued? It didn't take that long for them to take my money out of my account,so why is it taking that longer for it to be issued back to me in that same bank account. Please help!!!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.