Glitch caused 2 shipping label deductions...How do I get money back for 1 of them?

RiseNShine
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

When I printed a shipping label for an eBay sale my computer glitched and even though I printed one label pay pal has deducted for 2 and one of the transactions has a different barcode. I do not see anything on pay pal to reverse my money and the glitch was discoverd in the email sent to me after I printed out the label and was no longer on that page.How do I go about getting my money refunded on the one that was not printed?

Thank you for your help

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Andy

RiseNShine-  Not sure how that would've happened. If there are two separate transactions for the labels, you can click on the transaction details for the extra one and choose to void it.  This option would only be available for 5 days, so you're probably getting close to the deadline.  After that, if everything goes right, you would get a refund from USPS about 15-21 days after the label was created. This is their timeframe for the label to become unusable, so nothing we can do about moving that up. But you should be able to get your money back.

Andy

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5
Solved

PayPal_Andy

RiseNShine-  Not sure how that would've happened. If there are two separate transactions for the labels, you can click on the transaction details for the extra one and choose to void it.  This option would only be available for 5 days, so you're probably getting close to the deadline.  After that, if everything goes right, you would get a refund from USPS about 15-21 days after the label was created. This is their timeframe for the label to become unusable, so nothing we can do about moving that up. But you should be able to get your money back.

Andy

Login to Me Too

RiseNShine
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you Andy,

After I wrote this I found the place to do just that & am waiting for my refund now....just still not sure what happend in the first place and hoping it does not happen again   Smiley Happy

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Andy

RiseNShine- Very glad you got that taken care of!  As far as why...uh...maybe--no...uh...gnomes. Gotta be gnomes 😛

Seriously though, there's a lot of programs that all need to cooperate to get a label, and if one gets outta line, it will sometimes duplicate what's been done. So, duplicate labels.  Or it might be gnomes...

Andy

Login to Me Too

RiseNShine
Contributor
Contributor

Yes....

Hopefully Gnomes & not Gremlins!!!   Smiley Very Happy

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Oh no! Gnomes are already eerie enough without putting them in the same sentence with Gremlins. Smiley Surprised

Seriously though... have you ever looked into the eyes of a garden gnome? Those things know something.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.