Credited Paypal acct -will it go back to my checking account...

CocoChanel
Contributor
Contributor

--without fees? He sold me a "knock off" designer product that I noticed immediately. When I contacted him

he was nice and said PLEASE RETURN FOR A FULL REFUND. I just wonder if my $136. cash will be stuck

in a Paypal account and not go back in my checking account where they originated from ---and without a

penalty. Thank you.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Amanda411

Hi CocoChanel,

When a payment is refunded, PayPal credits the refund based on how the original payment was made.
The refund is sent to your PayPal balance if the original payment was made with:

• Your PayPal balance.
  • A bank account.
  • A PayPal Plug-In Secure Card.
  • A debit card processed through the STAR Network.
  • A cash advance on a credit card.

Additional Information about your refund:

• Payments made by credit card are refunded to your card. Refunds can take up to 30 days to appear on your statement.
  • Payments made with your bank account will take 3-5 business days from the date of the payment to credit to your PayPal balance.
  • If your payment was made by credit card and another payment source, the card portion is refunded to your card, and the remainder is sent to your PayPal balance.
  • Refunds for payments using redemption codes or gift certificates are credited to those balances.

To see your withdrawal options, click "Withdraw" from your PayPal Account Overview page.

Amanda

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

Amanda411

Hi CocoChanel,

When a payment is refunded, PayPal credits the refund based on how the original payment was made.
The refund is sent to your PayPal balance if the original payment was made with:

• Your PayPal balance.
  • A bank account.
  • A PayPal Plug-In Secure Card.
  • A debit card processed through the STAR Network.
  • A cash advance on a credit card.

Additional Information about your refund:

• Payments made by credit card are refunded to your card. Refunds can take up to 30 days to appear on your statement.
  • Payments made with your bank account will take 3-5 business days from the date of the payment to credit to your PayPal balance.
  • If your payment was made by credit card and another payment source, the card portion is refunded to your card, and the remainder is sent to your PayPal balance.
  • Refunds for payments using redemption codes or gift certificates are credited to those balances.

To see your withdrawal options, click "Withdraw" from your PayPal Account Overview page.

Amanda

Login to Me Too

CocoChanel
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you Amanda for your excellent, detailed explanation of how my Paypal refund will be dispersed!

It couldn't have been clearer than that!

Best Regards,

Kathryn

Login to Me Too

kat51987
Contributor
Contributor

Payments made with your bank account will take 3-5 business days from the date of the payment to credit to your PayPal balance.

Does this mean that the credit will NOT be returned to my bank account? If not, then when I next use paypal to make a payment for something, it will first deduct from the credit balance before it goes to my  bank account?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.