Consumer Credit Act s75 protection

ernie2151
Contributor
Contributor

It was suggested recently on a consumer advice program that credit card payments to a commercial supplier via Paypal, does not give CCA s75 protection to buyer.  How can I obtain s75 protection and still use Paypal for sig CC payment?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

profdata
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

You will keep all of your credit card consumer rights when you use it to fund your paypal payments.

About 8-10 years ago, AMEX and Discovery cards tried to limit  their card holder rights, when paying with bidpay, paypal and others, it ended biting them in the AS&. 

Login to Me Too

ernie2151
Contributor
Contributor

profdata, can you provide a link to that dispute &outcome.

The word from this side is that whilst Paypal is regulated by FSA rules, it is not a credit card provider, so my s75 CSA rights do not apply to payments I make to supplier if I use Paypal as intermediary. In effect I am paying Paypal by CC, who is not jointly liable for goods or services under s75. This is further complicated if I pay supplier direct, using Paypal's latest business package for supplier accepting payment by credit card via Paypal.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.