Cannot chose to send a Partial Refund?

seahorse67
Contributor
Contributor

My buyer and I agreed to a Partial Refund, but when I go to send it, PP only will let me choose FULL.  I see nothing about this "new" policy anywhere.  Help.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

profdata
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

If the buyer paid with a paypal coupon or credit you can only refund in full.

If you want to refund you will have to use the send money options and input you are refunding ref transaction #.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

otihc69
New Community Member

I'm having the same trouble... have you figure out how to solve the situation..?

Login to Me Too

seahorse67
Contributor
Contributor

Not yet.  The only thing I can think of is that it needs the buyer to receive the item...so I'm waiting for that (we agreed to a partial before it shipped due to a missed flaw).

Login to Me Too

espee04135
New Community Member

Yep, I am having the same issue. I Need to send back the shipping charged for an item and for some reason something I have done many times in the past is now not an option. This issue is making me look bad to my buyer!

Not very happy at the moment with whatever is going on with this issue. Smiley Mad

Login to Me Too
Solved

profdata
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

If the buyer paid with a paypal coupon or credit you can only refund in full.

If you want to refund you will have to use the send money options and input you are refunding ref transaction #.

Login to Me Too

profdata
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Buyer paid with a gift coupon , only refund in full possible.  What refund amount are you wanting to give

Login to Me Too

TeliperkTech
Contributor
Contributor

Problem is, if we are "forced" to use the "Send Money" function to issue a partial refund, then we the sellers do not get anything back from the PayPal fess we've paid out - not an acceptable situation.

Login to Me Too

tomskat88
Contributor
Contributor

I have always been able to issue a partial refund if the shippping turned out to be less. This is happening because of the new Regional boxes. A customer just purchased an item. I went to issue a refund, but it says only a total refund can be made on this item. Any one know why this is so?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.