Buyer wants me to cancel a transaction so he can pay with a different account.

Ada
New Community Member

I sold an item. The Buyer has sent me a message that he used a wrong account to pay.  Wants me to cancel the transaction so he can pay with a different account.  How do I do that? 

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

ErickTheRed
Contributor
Contributor

You should be able to see a button that says refund on the transaction that you're speaking about, if you click there the money will be sent back to the buyer and he´ll be able to repay you with his other account, all the fees will be refunded as well except for the 30 cent fixed transaction fee which you (seller) will have to cover.

P.S.. I´m calling the buyer a "he" but i have no idea, and I hope this helps you.

Cheers Smiley Wink

Login to Me Too

srobi
Contributor
Contributor

Did this go well?  I ask because it is my thinking that if yours is a verified account  and you do this refund before the buyer's funds show as available, the money to pay back him or her may come out of your credit card or bank account.  If the buyer's initial payment doesn't clear, and they don't send another payment, then you could be out that money.  Is that the case, or is all well?

Curious

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.