Is there an easy way to update over 2000 Paypal Recurring Payments?

vjmc
Contributor
Contributor

Is there any way of updating the price of recurring payments in bulk?

We are club of over 5,000 members.  Over 2,000 pay their yearly subscription by a Paypal Recurring Payment.  

We have recently decided to put up the membership by £5 across the board.

Firstly - it seems that PRP (Paypal Recurring Payments) are like Direct Debits rather than Standing Orders - which means that the supplier has to update the payment not the customer.

However, when trying to do this I am encountering massive problems.

Firstly just bear in mind that on the Recurring Payment Dashboard - there are 25 customers per page meaning we have 80 pages of transactions to change.

1. The system throws me back to the 1st page every time I go into a customer account and make a change.  Not fun when you start getting onto page 20, let along page 50 and above.

2.  The system only allows you to click "next Page" which makes it very labourious to have to click through 80 pages - the ability to select a Page Number would be much better.

3. A search facility on the dashboard would also be useful or the ability to manipulate the date i.e. Select all September Transactions, so I can work through each month at a time.

4. I can change a transaction via the Activity Page, Select a date then click on the transaction, select dashboard but this also throws me back to the "last 30 days" selection and I have to re-select the dates again - although very long winded - its quicker than going directly into the dashboard

5. When I access a transaction via Activity then Dashboard  when I click on "back to previous page" I get an error message "You have requested an outdated version....

A few simple updates would make changing 2000 transaction much easier

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor

Ctrl + Click on the links to open transactions / profiles in a new browser tab.  That way you can do whatever work you're doing with that profile and then when you're done you just close that tab and your other tab is still right where you left off.

Really, though, what you're doing is going to be best with the use of APIs.  You can pull all those profiles and loop through them to update them all.  You could turn this into a tool you could use to easily update profiles at any time in the future, too.  

If you're interested in having something like that built for you let me know.

Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.