why delay when transferring funds to bank account ?

fanspeed
Contributor
Contributor

curious as why there is a delay of a few days when tranferring cleared funds to my bank account . while when i pay for something on ebay the funds are immediatly  taken from bank account ?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Mollypop1988
New Community Member

You got me, I think its such B.S How long paypal makes me wait for my $. I bought something from a company. Decided I didn't want it, They refunded it right away and of COURSE there is a temp hold on the $. Its totally ridiculous. The company released the $ so why is paypal holding it from me? Makes me never want to use paypal again. My credit card company would never do that and it s just as secure. 

Login to Me Too

tomscot2
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal's original revenue model was to make their money on the "float."  That is they would earn interest on all funds in their "possession."  In today's world of .1 % short term interest, that is probably not enough to cover their costs.  However, when you add it to the extended holds (7-21 days) on all eBay sales they instituted last year, it adds another way to counter those low interest rates.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.