refund using paypal

mariamariamt
New Community Member

I purchased something from a third party merchant on buy.com. It was broken when it came so i exchanged it for a new one.  The new one did not work so I requested a refund. The merchant said no problem, they like to refund with paypal. I did not originally pay with paypal, just a credit card.  Will my refund be less because of paypal fees?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Lilly
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hello mariamariamt,

Glad you stopped by the boards!

It's possible that the merchant processed your credit card using PayPal.  This process wouldn't create a PayPal account that you can log into, however we would still see the transaction.

You can certainly give us a call so that we can look to see if this is the situation.  If it is, your merchant would simply refund the transaction, and it would go back to your credit card. 

You wouldn't receive any fees as long as the merchant selects to refund the transaction.

If you would like our Customer Service team to take a look, please give us a call.  They would be happy to help out!

Have a good one!

Lilly

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.