pending payments TRY Later

blazers12
New Community Member

This is really crazy sold some items to make extra xmas money pending date will be 12/19/2011 nothing it's almost 12/20/2011 all it will say is try later ebay says it's in my paypal account  will i ever get my money this is wrong for ebay & paypal to do this to buyers paypal and ebay if you are reading this if you are going to have a new feature make sure it works both ways for sellers and buyers my buyers have had their item for 5 + days now and i haven't seen a dime not fair at all.

Login to Me Too
13 REPLIES 13

imagineher
Contributor
Contributor
I feel your frustration. I'm in the same.situation. 12/21/11 is payment date and)nothing in PayPal. I shipped everything asap now stuck with no $$.. and I have to wait until 12/28 for another payment because usps didn't scan final confirmation of delivery.. .so much for paying for it. Once I get my funds. .. I'm going back to selling on craigslist cause waiting for your funds when the other person already have possession of your items is ridiculous. Its not fair. PayPal and ebay should come up with a better solution. They are already making money off the fees as it is.. . What next? ugh !
Login to Me Too

kcg
New Community Member

yesterday and earlier today estimated funding date was today.  Now been trying for three hours and the estimated funding date keeps saying Try Again.....what does that mean?  When will I receive my money?   It's crazy, I ship something, it's received on the other end and I continue to wait for my money!  I haven't used Paypal in awhile, now I know why.  Between fees and the time it actually takes to get my money is ridulous.  Paypal must be making  fortune in interest holding all this money for several days.  I do know the next time I sell on Ebay I will not use Paypal as a payment method.   Now I know why I have been using Craigslist.

Anyone know how long before funds are released?  The buyer received his  product 3 days ago.   

Login to Me Too

Filoleg
New Community Member

same here. Buyer received the item 3 days ago, confirmed, left me positive feedback. Estimated funding date is today (December 23rd), it was showing 23rd until about 2-3pm, and then it started saying "Try Later" when i clicked it. This is just ridiculous

Login to Me Too

imagineher
Contributor
Contributor

I still have 1 more pending payment that won't be completed until the 28th but following up on my experience and my previous message, when it says "try again" it just means, that the funds will be in your account, the next day, on Ebay it showed that estimated date was 12/21/11 and when I clicked on the date there it said, it should be in your Paypal account shortly, it took forever, but it went into my account the next day around 4-5am. so 12/22/11. So the "try again" means that it will be in your account within a few hours or in Paypal time, within 24 hours, Ebay said 12/21/11, Paypal funded it 12/22.

Hope this helped.

Login to Me Too

mortis468
New Community Member

Refuse to ship items until the pending status is cleared. Trust me, this works and you will never have this problem again. The buyer will complain to ebay about not receiving their item and when ebay contacts you, simply tell them to change the pending to received and you will ship the item. Works every time.

Login to Me Too

Benjammin
New Community Member

I've been selling a bunch of stuff and all the payments are still pending. I'm running out of money to continue shipping items that I'm not getting payed for. Also, I need my money for rent this month. I have items dating back to the 16th and 19th that are still pending!!

I hope they are not waiting for the buyers to give feedback or mark as received, because most buyers are not diligent enough to make posting feedback a priority... I officially cannot ship anything else until I recieve payments from the four items that I have sold and shipped. I have three more auction ending in two days and will not be able to ship.

~struggling student trying to survive between semesters...

Login to Me Too

misfit120
New Community Member

This new hold policy totally benefits the buyer and not the seller. Besides adding an additional tracking cost to the original postage charges the buyer has to leave feedback, which, depending on thier own leisure, could take days, So again, your payments are held up. Once again a corporation is sticking it to us. I fully understand PayPals reasoning but once a package is delivered according to tracking info, funds should be released especially if you having been doing business with PP for years and you have a 100% seller rating. I personally am spreading the word on this un fair practice and I urge anyone who feels that this is totally biased towards sellers to do the same.

Login to Me Too

eaq5003
Contributor
Contributor

I am very close to saying to **bleep** with PayPal anc will accept checks and money orders on auctions won. This is utter BS. I'm in the same boat -- a student struggling to sell some stuff to pay overpiced tuition. If this pending status isn't released from my account, I intend to start a class action suit against PayPal. Enough with putting the chokehold on sellers!

Login to Me Too

benlindsay
New Community Member

I agree with You! Im having the same issue This is getting stupid SELLERS HAVE RIGHT TO THERE EARNINGS!!!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.