paypal hold **bleep**ed over me- 18 positive ratings, no negative now they place a hold?

sharon63
Contributor
Contributor

Wth!!! I'm being forced to stop selling on Ebay.unless I can find another way to accept payment. I don't understand why they "out of the blue" add a 21 day hold on my account. They told me to ship quickly and they'll remove it?????????? I am not shipping anything until I receive the shipping money (from which the buyer pays me to ship with) - -half the time I don't have money to spend  anyway until it hits my bank account. Now I'll have to wait 21 days??? Well the buyer from Ebay would absolutely get **bleep** if I waited that long to ship and I would'nt blame them. Then I'd have to include in the description/selling policy -there is a 21 day delay because of this "hold" before shipping anyway so there's a really good chance no one would buy from me anyway. And I'm sure they're going to wonder why my account even has a "hold"...........not good 😞

I have been selling on Ebay for years ,just part time. I'm disabled and try to make a few extra dollars-I get 268.00 per month social security disability........... wow let's **bleep** her !! WTG Paypal-you succeeded!   Not one negative mark towards me and this is the tanks I get. as soon as this one deposit gets in my bank -my account will be closed.

Login to Me Too
21 REPLIES 21

sharon63
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Ginny... ,   Well supposedly the hold is not on my account anymore. Supposedly it's a generic email sent to "newbies" which then they  proceeded to congratulate me for 3 yr.'s  of great customer feedback .  wth?   all I know is supposeedly if I use my Paypal account ,the money isn't held at all -will go right through.  Just so you'll know for future reference - 1st. I called Paypal-they blamed it on Ebay-   2nd I called Ebay-they blamed it on Paypal -3rd. I called Paypal back -hold was removed.    What a pain but supposedly all is fine now.

Login to Me Too

ginnyspina
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks, I'll start calling.

Login to Me Too

PatrickJoy
Contributor
Contributor

I'm not a newbie, I've been using PayPal since the mid 2000s at least, and I have a 100% feedback score at all times...

There are other options:

You can change how you get money on eBay, go to your sale item on eBay and find...

Decide how you'd like to be paid

then select:   Add Remove Options

then you can choose another way to get paid, just sign up at one of the following sites listed on the page that comes up:

Add or remove payment options

Electronic payment methods

Credit cards
 Moneybookers
 Paymate
 ProPay

Other payment methods
 Receive payment upon pickup

Login to Me Too

sharon63
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for info. , I will give it a try. Thanks again 🙂

Login to Me Too

PatrickJoy
Contributor
Contributor

No problem.  Good luck, be sure to make sure all your friends on Facebook and Twitter know about it too!

Login to Me Too

madelineyo
Contributor
Contributor

I don't understand why PayPal decided to randomly put this Payment Hold Policy into effect...

I've been using PayPal since 2005/2006 and I've been selling on eBay just as long, and they have never done anything this stupid. The main reason I sell on eBay is because I need money THEN (or within about 3 days) not 21 days, 4 days of shipping plus 3 more days or whenever the buyer decides he/she feels like adding positive feedback.

Maybe if enough people call and b--ch at them about account holds, whoever likes to make stupid policy changes will change it back?

That would be just excellent.

Login to Me Too

PatrickJoy
Contributor
Contributor

EXACTLY.  The economy is HORRIBLE, we're all scraping by to feed our families and PayPal pulls this BS?  Call eBay, call PayPal, call your local Senator's office, make enough noise and shed light on how they are shafting Americans who need money.

We need money NOW, you imbeciles!!!

Login to Me Too

lizgrisham1990
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Ok, Tired of hearing all of this.. You can call me a PayPal butt kisser, DEFENDER or anything.

The bottom line, They TREAT YOU GOOD.  They have opened up a way to make EXTRA money on the internet, and made it efficient.    Guys (and Gals) Please, before responding being mad or cursing at me...

Let me explain something to you.

ITS NOT PAYPALS FAULT. IT IS eBAY, AND THE CONTRACT/AGREEMENT WITH PAYPAL THAT HOLDS YOUR MONEY FOR 21 DAYS.

THE ONLY TIME YOU GET HOLDS IS WHEN YOU SALE FROM EBAY! PERIOD.    SALE ON IOFFER, ETSY OR OTHERS IF YOU DONT WANT THE HOLDS.   ITS NOT PAYPAL'S FAULT GUYS.   THATS JUST THEIR AGREEMENT WITH eBAY!

I don't understand why so many HATE paypal but YET you Still USE PayPal? Someone explain that concept to me, PLEASE?  

If your mad about 21 day holds then start a EBAY Riot in their Community Forums, PayPal don't deserve the blame - They just partnered with eBay Under those circumstances..    If you owned a Multi-Million Dollar company WOULDNT YOU?   I know you definately would not just skip up the Opportunity? As many that will say "no, i would skip up that opportunity if i owned paypal" ITS BS. Let's be honest.

Login to Me Too

lizgrisham1990
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

CALL ME SENATOR? MEDIA? ARE YOU KIDDING!?

Come on guys..

When you click "OK, I AGREE SIGN UP ME"  You agree to the POLICY.  There is nothing that can be done.

Biggest problem I am trying to point out, is the Hate and Rebellion needs to be pointed toward EBAY. NOT PAYPAL.

Login to Me Too

PatrickJoy
Contributor
Contributor

"When you click "OK, I AGREE SIGN UP ME"  You agree to the POLICY.  There is nothing that can be done."

I did NOT agree to this policy when I signed up years ago.  I agreed to the policy that when someone sends me money, ITS MINE, point blank period.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.