paypal hold **bleep**ed over me- 18 positive ratings, no negative now they place a hold?

sharon63
Contributor
Contributor

Wth!!! I'm being forced to stop selling on Ebay.unless I can find another way to accept payment. I don't understand why they "out of the blue" add a 21 day hold on my account. They told me to ship quickly and they'll remove it?????????? I am not shipping anything until I receive the shipping money (from which the buyer pays me to ship with) - -half the time I don't have money to spend  anyway until it hits my bank account. Now I'll have to wait 21 days??? Well the buyer from Ebay would absolutely get **bleep** if I waited that long to ship and I would'nt blame them. Then I'd have to include in the description/selling policy -there is a 21 day delay because of this "hold" before shipping anyway so there's a really good chance no one would buy from me anyway. And I'm sure they're going to wonder why my account even has a "hold"...........not good 😞

I have been selling on Ebay for years ,just part time. I'm disabled and try to make a few extra dollars-I get 268.00 per month social security disability........... wow let's **bleep** her !! WTG Paypal-you succeeded!   Not one negative mark towards me and this is the tanks I get. as soon as this one deposit gets in my bank -my account will be closed.

Login to Me Too
21 REPLIES 21

lizgrisham1990
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Hi, I'm sorry to see that your so upset and angry, I'd love to help you - I am a community member just like you but I come here all the time to help others...  The 21 day holds is in paypal policy, that can't be changed - even users with 10,000 positive feedback has the hold.. Below I will post more information on the hold and how its released sooner than 21 days.

As far as shipping - Once you pay for shipping label via paypal, within literally 5 minutes or sooner, that amount will be released from the pending amount.

For example:

You sale a item for $10

That $10 shows "Pending"

You pay $4.75 for shipping of your own money with balance/credit card/bank account...

Within 5 minutes - The $4.75 is put into available balance, and your pending becomes $5.25

Here is more information on the Holds:

Payment Holds are on all accounts, even users that has been a PayPal member for 15 years. The purpose of these holds are to cut down the risk of fraud, getting and being ripped off. There are 3 days to have this hold released.

1) Buyer leaves positive feedback, Instant Release.

2) Tracking # shows delivered, *sometimes works, sometimes don't depending on your seller history.

3) 21 Days, Instant Release.

**Tip for faster release, type you some little nic nacs and print them saying "I strive for positive feedback, feel free to contact me at "your contact info". This will motivate and remind the buyers to leave feedback.

**Recommendation, Always put tracking #'s on your packages. A inexpensive way to do this is use PayPal Shipping to print your label, for small letter/6x9 envelopes I personally do USPS First Class, for larger/international packages I personally use Flat Rate Envelope. Shipping supplies is 100% FREE as USPS.com - Even shipping for ordering the supplies.

Login to Me Too

profdata
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

If you use EBAY shipping, the postage amount is taken from the held funds instantly.

The holds are released usually with 48 hours of the D/C showing delivery

Login to Me Too

lizgrisham1990
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Kudos!  You taught me somethind Prof!

Login to Me Too

sharon63
Contributor
Contributor

honestly right now Idk if I even want to try. Its so upsetting to me that I have to "learn" how to do all the new printing with their label . I usually use a marker and just print it on the package or use the labels from the P.O.   I ALWAYS insure and have a tracking number which is probably why it always costs me extra money out of pocket to ship(usually isn't a dollar or two) but I never take chances in something being lost or damaged during shipment. I don't have sticky labels or even know how to add a program to my printer to do that.-or if my printer even prints "labels".   Just aggravated. I appreciate your help. Maybe if I'm such a BIG risk/liability Paypal can KMA!I    May or may not sell in the future 😞     right now until that crap is lifted I'm not. I've got probably 15 items that need to be put on Ebay but I just haven't felt good enough or had the energy to do the necessary research and they pull this sh*t on me. 

Login to Me Too

mazoli
New Community Member

If your shipping cost has been released in 5 minutes or less you are an exception to the rule. It takes mine @ 4 hours or more. And in the mean time it has taken it right out of my connected banking account!!!!! Has anyone had issues where tracking information is not being connected to paypal transaction. It is not transferring tracking info and I am having to enter the number myself in paypal!!!! They said it was an Ebay issue( they told me it would be fixed 2 Tuesdays ago) but has been going on with my account for 2 months???

Login to Me Too

lizgrisham1990
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

? I don't think you read my message clearly.

I do have to pay shipping with my credit card/bank account FIRST..

AFTER ITS PAID, That amount then is released from pending..

so perhaps.. shipping is $4, i pay with credit card..

then $4 is taken from pending, and placed into available balance... within just minutes.

NOT by getting a tracking number either..

By using paypal shipping to buy a label and printing it.

Login to Me Too

sharon63
Contributor
Contributor

sounds like a cop out- or "blowing you off"......."blame it on Ebay"...............yeah right. I don't have a problem at all with Ebay or anyone else til' Paypal decided to give me a problem    😠

Login to Me Too

lizgrisham1990
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

There are not many other options if you want to make money online or sell on eBay..

I do miss the ole fashion money order in the mail, BUT - Scumbags has ruined that for us all, and is the reason we have holds also.. That's who I blame it on.... and people who fish up $.50 items, and photoshop them to look like $1,000 items and lie about it -  Another reason for holds..  I think its a good thing, and once you adjust to it - It's ok! 

If you every a buyer, and buy something and receive it not as described then you will be thanking paypal for the 21 day hold..  because now, you ensured the buyer has not spent your money - and you can get it back.

Only thing I disagree with is.. CHINA and other posts -  21 days dont matter, because it takes them 30-35 to even ship it.

Login to Me Too

ginnyspina
Contributor
Contributor

That is just dandy!  I have sold for many years from one e-bay account and have recently started selling from another.  I notice that when I pay for shipping through e-bay, or even from my pay-pal account it does not show up as shipped, even though right above the pay-pal transaction is the deduction from my account for the shipping label!!!  Therefore, unless I manually enter (a real pain) the tracking number I don't get credit for it being shipped, and thus no release of MY money for 21 days.  What is the float Pay-pal is making on all these ( many thousands I assume) accounts.  It's outrageous.  How long does this robbery continue, how many sales, excellent feedback etc. does it take for them to stop doing this?  Etsy, here I come.  I am fed up!!!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.