a client aske me a question about how to pay theinvoice

bluemoonkit
Contributor
Contributor

does someone have a print screen of the invoice email. i have never recieved one so i don't know what it looks like and the options available for payment. i always assumed that the invoice allows you to pay with a credit card if they don't have a paypal account. she keeps asking me if she can use her visa to rack up the flyers miles which is just TMI but i understand her wanting to use her credit card instead of the paypal account but can't you back up your paypal with the creditcard and still get the miles when you use upr paypal account withthat as the back up. i don't have any credit cards at all except the paypal card. i just don't know what to tell her other than i know she can maek the payment

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

There's some debate on whether someone can use a credit card without a Paypal account.  It's a further problem if they're receiving their invoices in text-only format, because they don't get the "Pay Now" button that provides a link to Paypal.

I'm further suspicious of anyone that insists on using a credit card because there's a scam out there that uses stilen credit cards for this purpose.

What is the item, how expensive is it and where did you sell it?  Craigslist, for instance, is a problem-child - lots of scammers there.

Login to Me Too

bluemoonkit
Contributor
Contributor

I am a property manager and she found my information on zillow. a contract has to be signed and the invoice is sent after i verify thtat the individual is the owner of the preoperty. I recieved payment last night but i don't know if she used paypal or a credit card and i still need to know for my own future reference.

but still if you back up your acount with the credit card and you use paypal to send payment wouldn't you still get the miles because int is essentially taking the money from the credit card if you keep a zero balance on your paypal account.

Login to Me Too

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

Okay, this is what I suggest;

1. To get a copy of the invoice that's sent, send one to your own email address.  Make it for $.01 and you can cancel it later or, if you want to see the whole process, use one of yor credit cards to pay your own invoice - the tax implications will be insignificant.

2. I doubt whether you'll be able to tell if she used a credit card if she has an existing Paypal account.  To find out of she has an account, you could use "send Money" to send her $.01

The last confirmation screen that comes up will show if Paypal has her email on the system or not - it'll say "verified member" under her email address.  You can cancel the action at that point.

I'd be more concerned that this is a stolen credit card and she's using the excuse that she wants the air miles as a cover, but I think your system would tend to defeat that.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.