Would this be a scam

LPJ
New Community Member

I have an item on sale on KSL(Utah).  I had an interested party that says they are over seas and asked for me to please send him my paypal email so he can make a payment, and then pick up item after  payments have been sorted.  It is a trailer, and the amount is big.  Let me know your thoughts

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

javindias
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

First I would like to ask you couple of questions which could answer your question.

1. Why do you think its a scam?

If your thinking about "Money Laundering"  then it could be a possibility of 2% out of 100%.

I have been through a similar situation nearly 10 months ago but it was fine.

2. Do you fear that the money paid into your account wouldn't be Legit ?

If so then, wait till PayPal verifies the Buyer's identity as well as address.

I know he would come and pick the trailer after the payment is soughted out but its going to give you some peace of mind if you get confirmation of the verification done by PayPal on the buyer.

Dont' worry and continue with the sale procedure as long as you have got confirmation from PayPal.

Login to Me Too

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

@LPJ wrote:

I have an item on sale on KSL(Utah).  I had an interested party that says they are over seas and asked for me to please send him my paypal email so he can make a payment, and then pick up item after  payments have been sorted.  It is a trailer, and the amount is big.  Let me know your thoughts

It's a scam.

The "buyer" will have an "agent" to pik up the item and the "agent" will have a fee that he demands you pay upfront via Western Union.

The "buyer" will send you a fake Paypal email to fund the payment you send to the 'agent' and, as soon as you send it, they'll both disappear with your money.

Just walk away from it.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.