Will I have a 21 day hold on funds if I rendered services ?

Rachel_Eileen
Contributor
Contributor

Will I have a 21 day hold on funds if I rendered services ?  I do not have any shipments to prove.  How will papal handle this one?  I already have a my funds on what paypal calls "held".  What does this mean and how long will they decide I deserve to receive my money?

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

sandypurins
Advisor
Advisor

If it was an eBay item, PayPal may release the payment after the buyer leaves positive feedback.

Login to Me Too

Rachel_Eileen
Contributor
Contributor

Actually I didn't sell anything at all.  I provided services.  Now I am awaiting payment.  You are right Sandy, I am thinking they just want to get positive feed back, either way.  That's where Paypal is wrong.  They shouldn't try to hold on to their customers money at any expense.  We all know that the longer they hold on to their money it makes them money. 

Login to Me Too

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

That's an urban legend, Rachael.

This is an anti-scam move, not a profit center - ebay is behind it.

Login to Me Too

janiej
New Community Member

thats a lie

Login to Me Too

Rachel_Eileen
Contributor
Contributor

what is a lie?

Login to Me Too

janiej
New Community Member

This is a letter I wrote to paypal when ask about my last customer service complaint about holding funds for 21 days when it turns out to be 21 days everytime I sell.

I sold on ebay and I say that in a past tense beause paypal holding my funds caused me not to be able to afford to ship my merchandise and now I had to take down all my listings and I have packages sitting here waiting to be shipped and can't ship them. I was told it was because of the type of merchandise I sold but I have taught others to sell recently and they sell rare and collectables like myself and they didn't have this happen to them. you have destroyed my only source of income besides didability doing this and all you can say is your sorry and you understand.  let your job pay you only when you have satified a customer and see how you feel. my customers so far until now are satisfied and I do deleivery conformation and i still only get nickled and dimed to death by you. Ebay was getting thier money ..paypal was getting thier money and the one that was doing all the work ME was not. I will never deal with you again and Ebay too. I have talked to sellers and buyers and I am still ruined thank you for your lack of sympathy and I will post this on every blog I can. janie johnson da-ja-vu10

Login to Me Too

janiej
New Community Member

yes they willhold your funds no matter how u do everything they tell u to do just because of the type of items you sell or because your new..I have been more than 21 days and all they will give me is a payment at a time and it ruined my ebay buisness. I couldnt afford to buy or ship

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.