Where is my money?

AmorAlaVintage
New Community Member

I have a Personal account and have never sold anything on ebay until recently. I sold one item a few days ago and I supposedly received the payment through paypal (or so it said in the email) but i don't see it under "payments received" at all. There's nothing there!!!!!!!! Where is my money or how do I get to it??? Smiley Sad

Login to Me Too
37 REPLIES 37

geohabe
New Community Member

I have the same problem. The vendor put money in my paypal account; then I requested the money be transferred to my bank account. Paypal says the transaction was "completed" a week ago...but I still don't see the money in my bank account. What gives? And you can't speak to anyone at paypal...I can't find a phone number. Anybody have this?

Login to Me Too

moreyma989
New Community Member

the phone  # is Login, Click "Contact Us", Click "Call Us"

Login to Me Too

Kaylemarie
New Community Member

I left on Wednesday, having 46.00 then i get a payment of 35.98 ..and i have now 64.00 this doesnt add up ??? where is my money ?

Login to Me Too

cramp101
Contributor
Contributor

What if your old email address is now defunct and you have no way to add and confirm the old address.  I'm having that problem right now.  I've updated my email address in eBay to the correct one.  It fixed my current auctions, but not the one that is completed.  Should I contact the buyer and ask them to resubmit payment somehow?

Login to Me Too

megalania
New Community Member

Hey Lilly. I have the same problem right now. I have used Paypal many times in the past and never encountered this problem. Two people claim to have sent me money today...but my Paypal account shows nothing received. I'm not going to trust the emails saying "so-and-so sent you $$". My email account tells me that these notification emails were sent from the buyers address...NOT Paypal. If these are legitimate payment notifications, then they need to be issued from Paypal and with Paypals return address....not someones yahoo or hotmail account. I'm not going to proceed any further and neither should the OP who started this thread.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Lilly
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hello megalania,

Welcome! 

I would suggest checking with the buyers to see if the email they sent payment to matches your email address.  You may also want to give our Customer Service a call. 

They would be happy to take a look to see where the payments were sent. 

Lilly

Login to Me Too

rutherford731
Contributor
Contributor

I seriously don't understand what the problem is- the moderator says "Check with the BUYER and see if the e-mail address they sent the payment to is the same"????  What are you even talking about?  When I buy something one e-bay using paypal - paypal has ABSOLUTELY no problem drafting the funds from MY checking account within 1-2 days of purchase.  And I never see their personal e-mail address. So why am I still waiting on "Completed-funds not available" payments transactions that were paid by my buyers a week ago????  The items were shipped via e-bay labels and tracking CONFIRMS the delivery 5 days ago.  Oh, and I called your customer service rig a morole and listened to some foreigner tell me in broken english that "the funds are completed but not yet available."  DUH!!!!!!!!  That's why I'm suffering thru this "conversation" with you!!!   Her only other explanation is that paypal will have to go contact their banks again and that it will be another 3-5 business days.   You know, I usually get dinner and a movie before I get completely **bleep**ed like this.  Thanks alot paypal.  Oh, and if I don't get my money in TWO days- then I will no longer be dealing with paypal or e-bay.

Login to Me Too

britnieism
New Community Member

I am having a simular issue. My email is correct but haven't gotten my funds posted to my credit card...?? WHERE IS MY MONEY??

Login to Me Too

mom1962
Contributor
Contributor

I am experiencing the same problem right now! Ebay said I received 2 payments on the same day with paypal but I only received one! The one payment was fairly large that I haven't received so I am really concerned. I tried calling customer service 4 times today and it would ring and then disconnect. I am so frustrated with paypal. I have never had this problem before-what is going on!

Login to Me Too

AzulaGlass
New Community Member

Same thing happened to us.  Go to Iconix.com and download their e-mail verifier.  Once we did that we could tell that the e-mails from "Paypal" and "eBay" were actually HTML coded to look like they were from them, they weren't.  We forwarded the e-mails to spoof@paypal.com and they confirmed they were trying to steal our item because no money was going into our account and all the links in the e-mail led to places trying to steal our account info.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.