Where is my money?

AmorAlaVintage
New Community Member

I have a Personal account and have never sold anything on ebay until recently. I sold one item a few days ago and I supposedly received the payment through paypal (or so it said in the email) but i don't see it under "payments received" at all. There's nothing there!!!!!!!! Where is my money or how do I get to it??? Smiley Sad

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Lilly
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hello AmorAlaVintage,

Welcome!

I would recommend checking to see which email address is registered to your eBay account.  It's possible that you need to link that address up to your PayPal account. 

Once that email address is linked & confirmed on your PayPal account, the payment will drop into your account. 

Here’s how to find the email address you used in your eBay listing:

1. Log in to your eBay account.
  2. Click "My eBay" at the top of the page.
  3. Click "Sold" under Activity.
  4. Click the item you sold.
  5. Click "Sell one like this."

The email address you used in your listing is under "Decide how you’d like to be paid."

Here’s how you add an email address to your PayPal account:

1. Log in to your PayPal account.
  2. Click "Profile" near the top of the page.
  3. Click "Update" next to Email, and then click "Add."
  4. Enter your new email address and click ‘Add.’

Here’s how you confirm your email address:

1. Click "Profile" near the top of the page.
  2. Click "Update" next to Email.
  3. Select the email address you want to confirm and click "Confirm." We'll send you an email.
  4. Click the link in the email to complete the confirmation process.

Hope this helps!

Lilly

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
37 REPLIES 37
Solved

PayPal_Lilly
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hello AmorAlaVintage,

Welcome!

I would recommend checking to see which email address is registered to your eBay account.  It's possible that you need to link that address up to your PayPal account. 

Once that email address is linked & confirmed on your PayPal account, the payment will drop into your account. 

Here’s how to find the email address you used in your eBay listing:

1. Log in to your eBay account.
  2. Click "My eBay" at the top of the page.
  3. Click "Sold" under Activity.
  4. Click the item you sold.
  5. Click "Sell one like this."

The email address you used in your listing is under "Decide how you’d like to be paid."

Here’s how you add an email address to your PayPal account:

1. Log in to your PayPal account.
  2. Click "Profile" near the top of the page.
  3. Click "Update" next to Email, and then click "Add."
  4. Enter your new email address and click ‘Add.’

Here’s how you confirm your email address:

1. Click "Profile" near the top of the page.
  2. Click "Update" next to Email.
  3. Select the email address you want to confirm and click "Confirm." We'll send you an email.
  4. Click the link in the email to complete the confirmation process.

Hope this helps!

Lilly

Login to Me Too

programster
New Community Member

I didn't orginally post the "Where is my money?" but had a similar issue and found this answer by accident.  Thanks sooooo much.  It appears the email address issue was the problem and found my funds. Again Thanks for this helpful advice.Smiley Very Happy

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Lilly
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hello programster,

Glad to hear this resolved your issue! 

Be sure to stop in again if you have any other questions!

Lilly

Login to Me Too

corkey599
Contributor
Contributor

i haven't got paid for my last transaction

Login to Me Too

aftrainmann
New Community Member

NEVER BELIEVE AN EMAIL about payment unless YOU have logged on through the financial institution  website. (Close the email and go to ?MYBANK.COM? I think you got ripped.   You need to ensure that you did not give them you password for any accounts   NEVER CLICK ON EMAIL LINKS that are discussing money or personal info  NEVER SHIP UNLESS PAYMENT IS CONFIRMED.

Tom

Login to Me Too

day557
Contributor
Contributor

I checked my e mail linked to paypal and it is correct, so NOW, where is my money?

Login to Me Too

MickyD
New Community Member

I received an email telling me to log on to my paypal acct, and then click 'confirm bank account' - I logged on to

the account but did not see the confirm bank account instruction - what am I doing wrong?

Login to Me Too

temp201906203p
New Community Member

I have received 3 emails saying that my funds are available for a total of $259.50. They do not appear on my paypal account or in my bank account. Just wondering how this is considered being available. Thank you.

Login to Me Too

alfeldt
Contributor
Contributor

I have sold 4 items in the last two months and have received pahyment for the first.  My account statement says the funds are now available, the llatest on Nov. 3d but I have not recevied payment in my bank account as I did for the first item.  What is happening.  

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.