WHY IS MY MONEY ON HOLD FOR 22 DAYS...

melkrich1111
Contributor
Contributor

I CANNOT UNDERSTAND WHY SOMEONE PURCHASED SOMETHING FROM ME AND AFTER 22 DAYS IT STILL SAYS "PAYMENT PENDING

THRU PAYPAL"

iS IT JUST ME OR IS PAYPAL TRYING TO MAKE A LITTLE MONEY ON OUR INTEREST.

THANKS,

SUSAN

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

Dontlikeitman
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Susan, your not the only one wondering why stupid paypal is doing the hold thing on everyones funds from eBay for all a sudden. There is alot of others on here that are upset if that is the right word to even use. I have look around the site all over and there is no where almost why they should do it for. Most of the site says send money and receive money fast. How can you receive money fast when they are holding it? they are going againt there selfs there. But you know what would be really funny though. If who ever does there money transfers of there money would come down with a new policy as well for "holding" funds pressly theres LOL. Wonder how they would like it then. I bet they wouldn't at all.  

Login to Me Too

kika_meow
Contributor
Contributor

I want to know if it's happening the same thing to everyone or if my problem is different (because I removed my old email address from my eBay account and maybe that action is causing the problem, but I don't know).

In my eBay account says I have a pending payment (the hourglass symbol) but in my PayPal account there's nothing, no new transaction, no payment pending, nothing. I want to know if you have the same problem or if in your PayPal account appears the "pending payment" advise.

I'm wondering because I found this information below from a Paypal Administrator of the forum, and that means I haven't been paid, so I don't know if I should ship the items:

BEFORE YOU SHIP YOUR ITEM:

1.  Always confirm that you have received a payment by checking your PayPal Account History Log.
-Even a transaction that is "pending" or "on hold" will show up there.

2. If you don’t see the payment, you have not been paid.
-Check with the sender to make sure the payment was sent the correct email address.

Login to Me Too

dblueridge
Contributor
Contributor

You'd think the fastest, easiest pay to get paid all over the world wouldn't be having these kind of problems.  Maybe they got too big for their britches and they're in some kind of financial trouble.  Like maybe they don't have the funds to give us.  Makes you wonder, doesn't it.

I say start taking checks and m.o.  Eliminates their fees.

Login to Me Too

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

@kika_meow wrote:

I want to know if it's happening the same thing to everyone or if my problem is different (because I removed my old email address from my eBay account and maybe that action is causing the problem, but I don't know).

In my eBay account says I have a pending payment (the hourglass symbol) but in my PayPal account there's nothing, no new transaction, no payment pending, nothing. I want to know if you have the same problem or if in your PayPal account appears the "pending payment" advise.

I'm wondering because I found this information below from a Paypal Administrator of the forum, and that means I haven't been paid, so I don't know if I should ship the items:

BEFORE YOU SHIP YOUR ITEM:

1.  Always confirm that you have received a payment by checking your PayPal Account History Log.
-Even a transaction that is "pending" or "on hold" will show up there.

2. If you don’t see the payment, you have not been paid.
-Check with the sender to make sure the payment was sent the correct email address.

There are 2 possibilities - either it's a Paypal glitch or a scam.

The Paypal glitch usually resolves itself within 3 days, the scam never does, of course.

The safest way to treat this is don't ship the item until you see the payment in your paypal account.  Even if it's on a hold, the payment transaction will show up.

Login to Me Too

oreobug02
New Community Member

I am having the exact same problem and I have no idea how to get the money. I have had the hourglass symbol up for days....I am registered and verified and my email and phone number are confirmed. I wish I could help you with your problem but unfortunately I am on here trying to get the exact same answer you are looking for. I am getting so irritated!!!!!!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.