USPS Refund Times

andiesaunt
Contributor
Contributor

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone has had to void a USPS label and request the refund?  There is something wrong with my side of things per Pay Pal and have voided 5 labels in the past two days.  I was wondering if anyone has recently submitted a void and what the refund time frame is?

Thanks!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

It takes 2 weeks for a refund.

If the money hasn't been returned to your acount by then, phone Paypal and jog their elbow.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8
Solved

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

If the money hasn't been returned to your acount by then, phone Paypal and jog their elbow.

Login to Me Too

andiesaunt
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks so much for replying...Is jogging Pay Pal's memory something one has to do on a regular basis?  No matter, I truly do thank you...

@surplusdealdude wrote:

Login to Me Too

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

I've never had to do it (I use endicia, they're automatic), but, from what I've heard, it's a regular issue.Smiley Sad

Login to Me Too

andiesaunt
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks again...Now I am wondering how come I am a big green ugly four wheel avatar?  But, that is my problem, not yours!!!Smiley Surprised

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi andiesaunt,

Normally, credits for USPS shipping labels are automatic after 15-21 days (length of time varies depending on which service was used, e.g.. Media Mail, Priority, etc.) because it takes that long for the Post Office to issue the reimbursement after confirming the label has not been used. These credits are issued as a result of using the Void Label link within 48 hours of creating the label. If a credit hasn't been issued after that time and you did void the label within the 48 hours, we would have to look into it to see why it was held up. There aren't currently any known issues that are affecting the process, so we would need to look into a specific delay.

Happy to help!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

DARRYL-R-M
New Community Member

HOW does one apply for a refund?  I've asked many times with no answer yet.  Can someone give me a hand???

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi DARRYL-R-M,

I'm sorry you have not yet received an answer. I've linked the relevant article from our Help section below.

How do I void my U.S. Postal Service label?

If you ever have problems finding your answers in our Help section or in the PayPal Community Forums, feel free to Contact Us.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

lookbikeboy
New Community Member

something wrong with their server this morning..tried to print two shipping labels, pop up that has the form to fill out comes up with an error screen...still deducts the money from my account...now I get to wait two weeks to get the money back for paypal or usps server problem....Sounds reasonable....NOT

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.