Transfers to users registered with a Ukrainian address

NazarK
Contributor
Contributor

Hello!

I participated in a paid On-Line survey in Wikipedia organized by Berkman Center for Internet and Society at Harvard University, and earned some fee. Their procedure is to transfer these earnings to the PayPal account of participants. But it seems the survey organizers weren't able to complete the  PayPal transfer to my account. They say: "...PayPal itself has rejected your personal transfer. This has happened for 10 of our 850 participants... After closer inspection, it seems that PayPal does not allow transfers to PayPal accounts located in Ukraine."

I'd like to check if that is the actual reason, and what are the grounds for that. Also, the survey organizers had suggested that I register another PayPal account providing an address from a different country, so they can complete the transfer. In this connection I'd like to ask, what are the legal and other implications of such a registration, like:

1) Can I register a PayPal account with a postal address of some of my friends or relatives in another country (like Germany)? Is that legally correct (let's say, my friends agree for me to be their virtual guest and I could use their postal address for paper mail and billing from PayPal)?

2) Would I be able to link my credit/debit cards registered in Ukraine to such an account?

3) Is there any other (better) option to bypass the supposed limitation of transfers to Ukraine being rejected?

Thank you for your prompt reply!

Best regards,

Nazar

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.