Transaction went to old Paypal account email name. Can buyer cancel and send to correct account?

DavidBuchholz
New Community Member

I had an old Paypal account using a work email, whic i have since changed.  For some reason, Ebay keeps using this old paypal account in its payment options, though I have removed it it keeps showing up.  This week I sold an item, and the buyer paid for it, but through the old account name.  Ebay says the buyer sent cash, and I have to log in to paypal to "claim my cash".  However, I can no longer log in using the old address...

How do I resolve this? Any ideas... if someone knows, feel free to email

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Olivia

Hi DavidBuchholz,

Welcome to the forums!

If you're selecting the auction from your My eBay and using the sell similar item link, you're reusing old information, including the old payment email address. You can still use the sell similar item link, but you will have to edit the email address (it's about halfway down the page) before actually listing the item.

I hope that helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.