So transaction emails now come from service at paypal.com instead of the buyer's email

hepafilter
Contributor
Contributor

Please. please, please change it back, or at least make it so if I reply, it goes to the buyer's email. This has really **bleep**ed up my method.

Login to Me Too
64 REPLIES 64

sweetthingsvint
Contributor
Contributor

One of the biggest complaints I ever saw from buyers is that sellers never acknowledged receipt of their payments.

So, like many others, I learned to reply to the payment notifications and use that reply to let the buyer know

1.  I received their payment

2. When I'll be shipping

and

3. That I appreciate their business.

It was an easy seamless part of my routine that kept me at 5 stars on communication on both of my Ebay accounts.

Now?  I can remember to copy, but I keep forgetting to paste.  I can't rate my communication at 5 stars now because of this change.  I expect my customers will agree.

Please change it back.

Thanks,

Becky

Login to Me Too

khurasanminis
Contributor
Contributor

I've been trying to remember to copy the e-mail address of the customer before I press "reply" and then pasting as a cc when I send the confirmation of receipt of order.

Yes, I wrote "cc"

Because I always reply to the service address that sent me the e-mail.  I figure, if that address sent me the order information, then that address should be cc:ed.  I sure hope it doesn't cost paypal any more money, what with all those e-mails coming into the server.  It would be a shame if we all did that, they may even need to change it back.

Login to Me Too

moomaus
Contributor
Contributor

Let me chirp in with my own post that I just started before I realized I wasn't alone and a post regarding this subject already existed.  I joined this board FOR THIS REASON ONLY as normally, I'm a kick back, lay back, take things in stride kind of individual but this totally put the cherry on my cheesecake.  I'm so done with everything about online selling; the price gauging, the "making things easier" when they are working perfectly fine as things are only to create more nightmares; the customer's always right attitude of eBay and PayPal, etc. that I'm about to take down my shingle.  Well folks, we are customers too right!  So keep those complaints coming....the squeaky wheel gets oiled.  Here's my own post.

Please, please, please change it back so that when I replied to an IPN received, it would go to the BUYER and NOT PAYPAL.  I have just spent hours typing manual subject lines so buyer's know why I am even writing them....as a courtesy to let them know I received their payment.  It's helpful to buyers too when the reply contains a copy of their payment invoice readily identifying the product, the seller, and how much they paid.  This whole thing was supposed to be easy and not time consuming....NOT!!!!!  And to just change without even notifying anyone is absurd.  I know I'm a little fish in your big pond but maybe, just maybe, if we get a school of fish together, your pond will be a swirling mess!!!!!!  CHANGE IT BACK NOW....PLEASE!

Login to Me Too

petber
Contributor
Contributor

I have been a huge fan of Paypal since I got my first transaction for my digital goods back in 2002. I must have recommended dozens if not hundreds of people to open up Paypal accounts over the years.

Now I am desperate to find a QUICK alternative service.  My business is losing reputation every hour that goes by and I don't have time to either doing this the manual way or to dig into Olivia's suggested solution.  Basically, I am done with Paypal since I don't want to disappoint customers who expect an instant reply.

So: since everyone in this thread is upset and wants to get their business going instead... I have opened up a forum where we can discuss alternatives.    It's not pretty but I wanted to put it up asap since I can't afford waiting. Paypal may take down this post so share if you want.  No signups required. 

Login to Me Too

brettunsvillage
Contributor
Contributor

What we're doing is making/taking the time to send an e-mail response to each customer for each order that comes in.  Yes, it's a pain, yes it takes time, but it's working for us until we can find another engine for our websites.  We're using some pre-typed 'thank-you' messages that we can copy/paste into each reply, and we also are copying in their order so the customer can see what they ordered and, much more importantly, where it's being shipped (we encounter quite a few errors thanks to the old PayPal verified address thing).   The 'thank-you' lets them know their order has been received and is 'in the works' so they should receive tracking info soon, and "for the love of Mike please drop us a line if you have any questions."  That sort of thing.

OK, this isn't for everbody, that's for sure.  We're processing under 100 orders per day this way currently, so it's probably too time consuming for many online sellers.  Small is beautiful, at least in this situation. 

We used to be able to find a customer's order by e-mail address if they had a question - we can still do that but have to search in our 'sent' messages instead of the inbox.  It's working for us, but it took 3/4 of a bottle of Dewar's to get the guys on board with the new steps we have to take.  Burp.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.