So transaction emails now come from service at paypal.com instead of the buyer's email

hepafilter
Contributor
Contributor

Please. please, please change it back, or at least make it so if I reply, it goes to the buyer's email. This has really **bleep**ed up my method.

Login to Me Too
64 REPLIES 64

PayPal_Olivia

Hi sayroar and brettunsvillage,

The change is one that was applied at the server level, and cannot be applied on an account-by-account basis at this time. We definitely appreciate the feedback, however. We're happy to consider the feasibility of these requests for possibility of future implementation.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Dreaming
Contributor
Contributor

So now we receive updates, payments, receipts, logs, and notices from service at paypal.com.......? Shouldn't you atleast change where we get payments from? So it isn't mixed with all the other stuff?

Login to Me Too

dougdo
New Community Member

This is also a giant problem for us. And the fact that this change was made without any notification and warning so we could adjust to it is inexcusable. 

I do understand the rationale for changing the sender address but can you not at least vary the subject line?   E.g. instead of every message having the identical subject line "Notification of payment received" can it not say "Payment from John Smith received"?

As a previous poster noted, for any of using Google as our email provider, if we got 40 payments in one hour then they all come into the inbox grouped as a single thread. I've got many staff working in the inbox and now no one knows who got what payments. 

Please respond and fix!

Login to Me Too

brettunsvillage
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for taking the time to respond.  I get it.  We'll figure something out.

Login to Me Too

chrismu
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Olivia,

i know its not your fault.

But PayPal is really kind a ultrakonservative !! (fanatic konservative)

We see that in easy restrications... 

We see that since years how its technic develops.

And PayPal is lightyears behind modern Customer Relation and Technics at all.

Right now I tried to simple download my History for 2 Years.. (its around 200 entries)

and get the message.. "Because of the Amount of your Data it may need up to 24 Hours till your download is ready"

COME ON!!! About that even 3rd Level Developers can just laugh. Is Paypal doing each Line manual ??

And so on.... this Technical Topic has to be brought on the big table to your highest bosses.

Now for a romanian project I would need to set a Redirect URl after Purchase... 
What do I get as answer "thats only possible in UK and some places in France!" 

WTF?? I should even stop to complain here. because from experience.. Paypal (ultrakonservative) will not change

anything... OR after lots of complains .. the min-minimum.

Roger and Out

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi chrismu,

I did a little testing and it appears to me that a Romanian account should be able to set up a Return URL like any other account using Website Payments Standard.

There's a great post with the step-by-step instructions for this process here.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

chrismu
Contributor
Contributor

HI Olivia,

thanks.. i checked right now.. it must be new since short time...

last time (few weeks ago) i checked it was not possible...

have to see if it works. 

Before it was just the standart redirect url.. and that did also lead to a confirmation page from paypal.. where the user had to click "return to merchant" and 90% of my users did not saw that.

Update:
One Question.. it looks... its ALWAYS the same "RETURN URL" , Right? So I cant set a different Return Url for each Product?

Update2:

from your Helpfile: Go to My selling tools in your Profile and click Update in the "Website payments" section.In this case, the Return URL that is associated with the button or link will override what was specified in the profile settings.

??? Is that right? When I choose Update in WebSite Payments (where I have to set Auto Return ON) the Return URL from the associated with the button will override what is specified in the profile setting???

Should it now say... if Auto Return ON is selected it will Overwrite what is associated with the Button Preferences?

Update3: (sorry.. but should PayPal make it more clear I should not have to ask)

if you have turned on Auto Return and have chosen to turn on PayPal Account Optional for new users, a new user will not be automatically directed back to your website, but will be given the option to return.

?? Where is a setting PayPal Account Optional Feature to choose ??? I cant find it anywhere. (not in my profile)

chris

Login to Me Too

chrismu
Contributor
Contributor

BTW ... Ladies and Gentlemen,

did anyone got it work before with GMAIL and Autoresponder??

I thought I could do a Autoresponder to the reply adress and gmail.. but 

reply path was already that serv...@ paypal.com and I was never able to set it up.

Now... its even worse.. and nobody of you seems able to do it.

So please PayPal... just fix that SELECTABLE for each Account.. how the header should looks like.

Reply-Path, From ... so even stupid GMail Users like me could make an Autoresponder for such

"payment received" messages.

(i shut my mouth now... as I could say so much more sarkastic.. but that will even not help)

Login to Me Too

khurasanminis
Contributor
Contributor

Some receiving mailservers will not handle emails that are sent by one domain on behalf of another. While many of you have been able to successfully receive emails that were sent in this manner, many more people cannot reliably receive these messages.

This was a matter of their either losing a little business because the preferred e-mail address of some customers didn't accept the e-mails, or just inconveniencing the vast majority of their customers.  Guess which one they chose?

I mean REALLY.  Those people who couldn't get the e-mails should really just set up a web e-mail account for orders.  This is ridiculous.

Login to Me Too

petber
Contributor
Contributor

Well, I didn't have that problem. But now I have a HUGE problem since my business is pretty much ruined. I don't care what your reasons were. You need to change it back. For those few who runs into the issue you describe you can allow them the option to have the emails sent from the useless service @ paypal.com. For the rest of us, go back to the way it was. And do it NOW. I see a class action litigation coming and I am so jumping on it because my damages are enormous.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.