So transaction emails now come from service at paypal.com instead of the buyer's email

hepafilter
Contributor
Contributor

Please. please, please change it back, or at least make it so if I reply, it goes to the buyer's email. This has really **bleep**ed up my method.

Login to Me Too
64 REPLIES 64

rjcalnan
Contributor
Contributor

First level support says "That's the way it was always *supposed* to function"

Funny since it's been this way for TEN YEARS!

On the line now holding for management.

Just got off phone with tech "management" and this has been, and is going to be the intended functionality from here until whenever.

Get on the phone people, drive them crazy, make them change it back.

Good luck!

Login to Me Too

chrismu
Contributor
Contributor

@PayPal 

I DEMAND YOU CHANGE IT BACK AND/OR GIVE AN OPTION TO SELECT HOW YOUR CLIENTS WOULD LIKE TO RECEIVE THE "NOTIFICATION OF PAYMENT" MESSAGES.

From a PAYPAL eMail or from the Buyer's eMail.

Thank you!

Login to Me Too

hugostiglitz
Contributor
Contributor

Interesting that an echeck payment just came in from the customer's email. 

Login to Me Too

rjcalnan
Contributor
Contributor

I had to laugh, and correct the guy I spoke with, Mark maybe?, when he said the "fix" they put in place last night ... I said,

"Hold it ... how long have you worked at Paypal?"

"Three years."

"Mark, this is NOT a fix. It might be intentional, and it might be an issue or mistake, but one thing this is not is a FIX. It's been like this for TEN YEARS! No company, even Ebay or Paypal gets away with not "fixing" something that's supposedly THIS broken for TEN YEARS!"

He didn't have a response, because we're all right, and Paypal is wrong.

Login to Me Too

khurasanminis
Contributor
Contributor

Spoiler

As if paypal couldn't get any worse!

I keep tabs on orders in the iphone's e-mail app while I am on the go during the day, and now if someone contacts me and says "hey I want to check on my order," I go into the appropriate file and see ... what?  A sea of exactly the same e-mail senders!  And that is -- the paypal service address.

Thanks paypal for making running my business harder!

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi everyone!

Thank you all for your feedback regarding the recent change, wherein payment emails are shown to be sent by service@paypal.com rather than your buyer.

This change was made to repair a problem. Some receiving mailservers will not handle emails that are sent by one domain on behalf of another. While many of you have been able to successfully receive emails that were sent in this manner, many more people cannot reliably receive these messages.

I regret any inconvenience you've encountered as a result of this necessary update.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

sayroar
Contributor
Contributor

Will there be no option to revert back? We've never had problems not receiving emails because of this.

Login to Me Too

brettunsvillage
Contributor
Contributor

How about setting it up so that we can decide the form we want those notifications to take?   Seems like it might be nice to let the customer decide the format of the notification.  Of course, I can sit here like a complete numbskull and throw out suggestions like that because I have no earthly idea if such a thing is possible.  Let's try this then - just a suggestion - next time PayPal decides to make a change that will affect daily business activities of business customers (like our company) and  - now lean in close and pay attention here because this is the tricky part - how about if you let us know it was coming?

Login to Me Too

chrismu
Contributor
Contributor

It's PAYPAL

- The easiest way to transfer money

AND

- The most stressful way in anything else.

* this comment just reflects my personal experience.

Login to Me Too

rjcalnan
Contributor
Contributor

Brettun - SURELY you jest!

Ebay/Paypal actually ASK their CUSTOMERS what they would like to see as features/fixes?

Come on now!

And give us a CHOICE?

Forget it.

You sound like you've been around here long enough that every move that Ebay/Paypal makes is not for the benefit of our businesses, it is for the benfit of themselves.

It's no coincidence that the email addresses were to be removed from listings, as well as this email address format changed as well.

The thing that really torques me though, is that they just won't come out and say the obvious: WE WANT ZERO COMMUNCATION BETWEEN BUYERS AND SELLERS BECAUSE WE'RE PETRIFIED OF OFF-EBAY/PAYPAL SALES!!!

Which is ironically the dumbest thing they could say, because if I recall correctly ... we get the payment emails AFTER THE TRANSACTION HAS BEEN COMPLETE! (barring any future transactions of course, that may or may not happen off-ebay/paypal)

Either way ... they blow smoke so far up, it comes out our ears, and they don't even flinch.

They *claim* to want us all to stick around, but in reality, every move they make drives myself (and my customers) to move further and further away from them.

It's a shame really, because they have a pretty nice system set up. Or at least had one a few years ago. But they can't stop tinkering, in a negative way.

Sadly, I suspect that this email format change is here to stay, and so is my direction for my company, as well as the companies I contract for, to move away from both platforms.

Paypal has a choice here, and thankfully, so do we.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.