So transaction emails now come from service at paypal.com instead of the buyer's email

hepafilter
Contributor
Contributor

Please. please, please change it back, or at least make it so if I reply, it goes to the buyer's email. This has really **bleep**ed up my method.

Login to Me Too
64 REPLIES 64

hugostiglitz
Contributor
Contributor

Yeah, it's effing me up pretty good too - I have auto responders that go out when I get a payment. It's gonna generate a ton of extra work if I have to send those out manually. It also **bleep**s up how my email app files the orders. There is nothing good about this new system. Please revert back ASAP!

Login to Me Too

brettunsvillage
Contributor
Contributor

I just posted about this too.  Yet another attempt by PayPal to 'make things better' I'm sure.  Looks like it'll slow us way down this week.

Login to Me Too

hepafilter
Contributor
Contributor

At the very least give us the option of switching it to the old way in our settings somewhere. I just spent a 1/2 hour trying to figure out a way to properly filter it. And in Gmail, when all the payments come with the same subject, it stacks them with conversation view, so I can't even properly sort them or associate them with an order properly. This is a huge, huge, HUGE pain in the arse. Please fix this!

Login to Me Too

superfuzed
Contributor
Contributor

This is not a surprise that they're doing this, it's just something that (as usual) would be nice if they warned us about ahead of time.

It's too bad that Ebay/Paypal try to mimic Amazon so closely, because selling high volume on Amazon is actually quite a nightmare logistically, where on Ebay (until this latest change) is really quite simple.

By quite simple I don't mean to "rip people off" which I think Ebay has done a good job rooting out those type of sellers, I just mean that it's quite easy to run a high volume business the way that ebay is set up in terms of adding products, and fulfilling orders, where Amazon is not easy at all.

This latest change, even in the REPLY TO area, is NOT a welcome change at all - but one that so closely mimics Amazon it's hard not to see it right in plain sight.

It's obvious that Ebay/Paypal want to limit communication direct from buyer to seller, but once the transaction is complete, what do they care?

They've already taken email addresses out of the listings (which I actually agree with), but please don't make communication with the buyers AFTER the transaction is complete impossible to make sure that the buyers get the item that they are purchasing with the correct options/choices in tact.

Login to Me Too

sayroar
Contributor
Contributor

This is messing us up as well! Now we have to do a massive re-organization of our backend to account for this change... please allow us to reverse the change!!

Login to Me Too

superfuzed
Contributor
Contributor

Ahhhhh .... I knew the inevitable "game changer" problem would show up sooner than later.

If anyone us using gmail to access emails, just wait until you sell two or more of the exact same item, and get all the payments bundled together as a single "conversation" or "thread" within gmail.

It's a hoot!

I'm not one to get on a soapbox, and usually roll with Ebay/Paypal's punches, but this one definitely deserves a HUGE:

CHANGE IT BACK .... NOW!!!

Login to Me Too

adavis444

Please change this back!  Automatic responses are messed up which is a huge issue and it makes it more difficult to quickly identify who the order is from.  I understand that the email address appears in the subject line but it's at the end of a long subject line and is typically truncated from view.

But seriously, the loss of the ability to do automatic response is huge.  Please change this back.

Login to Me Too

hugostiglitz
Contributor
Contributor

Keep the complaints coming and don't be afraid to call support - be freindly, but express your frustration. They told me that this is how the system was always intended to work and that the new system is a result of it 'being fixed' but if enough people express disinterest they will look at the feasability of changing it back. 

Login to Me Too

DetFilms
Contributor
Contributor

I too have found this a huge problem!

Within the past two days, Paypal has changed the email alerts of a payment. They used to come from the customer's email address. Now they all come from service@paypal.com which makes searching them extremely inconvenient, and makes it extremely confusing to see new orders.

I would like to strongly encourage a return to the previous system, where payment alerts are from the customer's address.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.